Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any good spy/thriller/terrorism TV series set in the UK? watch

ReputationRep:
    Are there any good TV series or miniseries like 24: Live Another Day (set in London) or Spooks (MI5) which I've enjoyed (so far) ? You know shows which are to do with terrorism/political assassination/thriller plots/MI5/MI6 etc

I've heard of "Strike Back" which sounds good but haven't seen it yet

ReputationRep:
    I think you should watch The Flash and Arrow, they're my Favorited shows.

Ones about speed and he can run super fast

The other

Has an arrow and kicks but, a crazy flashback story throughout the seasons which is so intriguing.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Luther is supposed to be good but I haven't gotten round to watching it, it's a crime drama I believe. It's on Netflix it that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbricks)
    Are there any good TV series or miniseries like 24: Live Another Day (set in London) or Spooks (MI5) which I've enjoyed (so far) ? You know shows which are to do with terrorism/political assassination/thriller plots/MI5/MI6 etc

I've heard of "Strike Back" which sounds good but haven't seen it yet
    Luther, The Tunnel, and The Shadow Line are my three favourite British crime dramas/thrillers, all really excellent shows.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Spooks is the one which automatically springs to mind.

Give The Tunnel a go too.

ReputationRep:
    Prime suspect 6- the last witness

ReputationRep:
    Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, The 100, Crisis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Fall is a really good British crime drama but not particularly focused on terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    Not a thriller as such but there's a two part TV serial called Britz about a guy working for MI5, and it's quite focussed on British home-grown terrorism.... can't really say much else as it'd spoil it but I highly recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    State of Play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    State of Play.
    Yes. Seconded.

Also Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. More than 30 years old now, but still fantastic.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.