Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know for sure what uni i'm going to confirm however I'm stuck with what to pick for my insurance. I'm applying for maths. York would be a safer insurance however I much prefer Bath. So it comes to head vs. heart and I'm wondering is Bath ever flexible when it comes to results day or is the A*AA set?

ReputationRep:
    Where else have you applied?
    What offers have you had already?
    Are you waiting on any more offers?
    Why is your firm choice your first pick?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by zarifina)
    I know for sure what uni i'm going to confirm however I'm stuck with what to pick for my insurance. I'm applying for maths. York would be a safer insurance however I much prefer Bath. So it comes to head vs. heart and I'm wondering is Bath ever flexible when it comes to results day or is the A*AA set?
    Hi,

Thanks for the message. I'm Rob - a first year civil engineer.

It's very hard for me to comment how likely it is that your required grades will be lowered on results day. Sadly it is not a set rule, and treated on a case by case basis. For example, if the rest of your application was amazing and you have a very strong personal statement, then it MIGHT be considered. However, no one will be able to definitely say yes or no at this stage. It also of course depends on which A-levels were the ones that weren't quite up to standard.

I do know a few people who have had their offers lowered, so there are occasions when it does happen, but I can't comment more than that!

Sorry for not directly answering your question, but I hope I've explained the situation well enough. If you need any clarification or have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Best of luck!

Rob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University Of Bath)
    Hi,

Thanks for the message. I'm Rob - a first year civil engineer.

It's very hard for me to comment how likely it is that your required grades will be lowered on results day. Sadly it is not a set rule, and treated on a case by case basis. For example, if the rest of your application was amazing and you have a very strong personal statement, then it MIGHT be considered. However, no one will be able to definitely say yes or no at this stage. It also of course depends on which A-levels were the ones that weren't quite up to standard.

I do know a few people who have had their offers lowered, so there are occasions when it does happen, but I can't comment more than that!

Sorry for not directly answering your question, but I hope I've explained the situation well enough. If you need any clarification or have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Best of luck!

Rob
    Thanks!!
    Decided I probably am going to insure Bath as I love the place!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.