Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Chances of getting a vacation scheme/training contract with a failed half a unit? watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_clouds)
    I am currently at university and have had a very terrible first term. when it came to handing in coursework which is worth 50%in one of the five units im taking on a law degree, i missed the deadline and will be penalised. There is a chance I will either scrape a pass or fail the module and retake it.

I was wondering how it will affect my law firm applications in the future? If i score high 2.1's in my other units and a 2.2 in this one will the law firms reject me simply because i failed half a unit or barely passed?

I need some reassurance but I also want to hear the truth

I am in my first year of uni by the way.
    It depends on whether you scrape through or get a capped 40% pass.

Is the "very terrible" first term down to anything that could be deemed mitigating circumstances? If so, you should speak to your tutor and get it flagged ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.