Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the wrong course and for some the wrong uni. I don't know what to do. I don't have any offers. And I was thinking of withdrawing my application and starting again. Help me please. I'm STRESSED!

ReputationRep:
    How many Uni's did you apply for, they have until the end of march to reply i'm pretty sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
    How many Uni's did you apply for, they have until the end of march to reply i'm pretty sure.
    5. I just want to change the course and some of the unis I applied for! But Ucas is making it so difficult!

ReputationRep:
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    So did you apply for the same course? 5times? that's a bit stupid if you did...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
    So did you apply for the same course? 5times? that's a bit stupid if you did...
    My tutor told me to apply to illustration at 5 different unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamaspoon)
    When did you apply?
    January 6 I sent off my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <(^.^)>)
    5. I just want to change the course and some of the unis I applied for! But Ucas is making it so difficult!
    Unless it is within 7 days of sending the application off, your only option is to withdraw all applications and apply for one course at a time through Extra, if the course you want is in there. As the Extra lists are not very often accurate, you need to contact any university you are interested in to ask if the course is indeed in Extra and if they will consider you. You cannot cancel the whole of your application and start again with anther 5 choices. You would have to start again in September for entry in 2016 to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Unless it is within 7 days of sending the application off, your only option is to withdraw all applications and apply for one course at a time through Extra, if the course you want is in there. As the Extra lists are not very often accurate, you need to contact any university you are interested in to ask if the course is indeed in Extra and if they will consider you. You cannot cancel the whole of your application and start again with anther 5 choices. You would have to start again in September for entry in 2016 to do that.
    I think I'll wait till Extra comes out. Can I apply to the same uni, and same course but different year?

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll wait till Extra comes out. Can I apply to the same uni, and same course but different year?
    If that is what you intend to do, then contact the university first and ask if they will let you defer instead of pulling out.

ReputationRep:
    If that is what you intend to do, then contact the university first and ask if they will let you defer instead of pulling out.
    Tbh, I'm not sure which uni I want yet. But I do know the course I want to do. Should I cancel my choices now? Or should I wait until Extra is available?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I'm not sure which uni I want yet. But I do know the course I want to do. Should I cancel my choices now? Or should I wait until Extra is available?
    I wouldn't do anything until you actually do know what you want, and from what you have written here, I'm not convinced that you do. I'd actually suggest taking a year out and doing the whole thing properly in September instead of trying to rescue a botched job now, but I suspect that's not what you want to hear. Don't withdraw your choices now, for sure - Extra opens in February and goes on until 30th June so that give you time to make a sensible decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ;53279767)
    I applied to the wrong course and for some the wrong uni. I don't know what to do. I don't have any offers. And I was thinking of withdrawing my application and starting again. Help me please. I'm STRESSED!
    On results day you can apply for ucas adjustment if your grades exceed the conditions of your firm offer and so you can call up any university asking if they have places for any course that you want to do. Or if you want to just change the course but not the university then you scan call your university on results day asking for a transfer to the new course if they have space and if not then use adjustment. I wouldn't recommend using adjustment as you have to have no offers to be eligible for it which means you have to deny all the offers you get so will have no back up if you don't find anything in extra. However you do not lose your firm choice through adjustment. I know it's annoying waiting all the way till results day but it is less risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't do anything until you actually do know what you want, and from what you have written here, I'm not convinced that you do. I'd actually suggest taking a year out and doing the whole thing properly in September instead of trying to rescue a botched job now, but I suspect that's not what you want to hear. Don't withdraw your choices now, for sure - Extra opens in February and goes on until 30th June so that give you time to make a sensible decision.
    Okay! I think I'll wait till Febuary 25th and think about which uni I really want and which course! If things don't work out, September it is! Thank you so much! You made me calm and relaxed now knowing I have a chance to fix things. And thank you for everyone else too! Bye-bye! ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    On results day you can apply for ucas adjustment if your grades exceed the conditions of your firm offer and so you can call up any university asking if they have places for any course that you want to do. Or if you want to just change the course but not the university then you can call your university on results day asking for a transfer to the new course if they have space and if not then use adjustment. I wouldn't recommend using EXTRA as you have to have no offers to be eligible for it which means you have to deny all the offers you get so will have no back up if you don't find anything in extra. However you do not lose your firm choice through adjustment. I know it's annoying waiting all the way till results day but it is less risky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.