Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi !!! just looking for some insight in to event management. Im thinking of taking up the course this September and just wondered if there's anyone who's doing the same course or anyone who has and can give a review of what to expect ie do you have to audition or have an interview first? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey I did this course, it's not as hands on as you might think, most of the work is marketing and funding based. You organise and complete one large event in the first year that has to take place in the college and one in the second year which has to take place outside of the college.
    There are some opportunities for work experience and internships in second year with some really good companies and venues in newcastle.
    What I would suggest is that you draft up some ideas of events that you would like to do before you start the course, I would also have a good think about which sector of the industry you want to have a career in so you know which parts of the course appeal to you most.
    There were about 30 people on my course in first year and by second year there were more like 10.
    The tutors are good at checking over your work etc and unlike most universities you can contact them all the time for help.

In terms of the interview, it's about 45 minutes long and it's mainly just the head of the course giving details of the course, letting you know what to expect. I also took a small portfolio with work and a cv in, basically anything which relates to the creative industries.

I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks so much for the reply my interview is on Wednesday and iv just printed my cv and some flyers I created for an event I ran a while back. glad its not to formal I was a bit worried. thanks again for all the info it looks a good course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.