damoni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
theres a site for getting penpals and if you want you can write people letters or emails. I signed up but couldn't be bothered with it. my mum thinks it would be nice for me to try this though and sent someone a email. they replied back today but i'm too scared to look at it.

is being a penpal/email pal a good way to make friends?
Tom102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by damoni)
theres a site for getting penpals and if you want you can write people letters or emails. I signed up but couldn't be bothered with it. my mum thinks it would be nice for me to try this though and sent someone a email. they replied back today but i'm too scared to look at it.

Yes it's probably a good way to meet/talk to people. You seem relatively sheltered if you're getting scared at the thought of opening a reply. I think you should use this as a base to get talking to people socially, I mean you never have to meet them and it seems pretty harmless.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would love a pen pal! But a proper one, writing with pen and paper! I used to have a few as a child but they all stopped writing occasionally. I sent the last letter, every time.
suudsioee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by damoni)

I have a pen-pal from Canada who I've been talking to for months
why are you scared to look at it? give it a go!
study_smart786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ill b honest.. I find it kind of risky.. the person on the other can be anything.
spyfire13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What websites are there to get penpals
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.6%
No (622)
65.4%

Watched Threads