Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

your tricks for falling asleep when you just can't? watch

ReputationRep:
    it takes me AGES to actually sleep when i get into bed and its so frustrating when I have to be up early the next day. any advice would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Karl Pilkington's XFM podcasts...

ReputationRep:
    There's an ingenious method that was developed to this end by Buddish monks high in the Tibetan mountains hundreds of years ago. It consists of drinking an obscene amount of alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    Listen to some sleep music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    There's an ingenious method that was developed to this end by Buddish monks high in the Tibetan mountains hundreds of years ago. It consists of drinking an obscene amount of alcohol.
    im muzlim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Listen to some sleep music
    does it work and what does it consist of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    does it work and what does it consist of?
    It works for me. It is just like waves etc. Type it in on youtube and check out a few if you want. It may still take you a while to get used to it at first, but it does work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had the same problem for ages.
    Drink chamomile tea, listen to podcasts or try to reinact a well known route in your mind with all the small details along the way for example from home to school (weird, but works) .
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Avoid using technology (phones, TV, computer) from about 30 minutes before you want to get to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I start counting. It displaces whatever you're thinking about, and eventually I usually go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Pills

ReputationRep:
    im muzlim
    Then I would suggest the additional step of abandoning your Muslim faith.

ReputationRep:
    Don't watch tele or do things on your phone- the brightness and concentration required is only gonna keep you alert.

Yoga/stretching.

Hot chocolate :P might relax you..?

ReputationRep:
    Glass of milk W/ Horlicks + a podcast on itunes/Youtube

ReputationRep:
    Then I would suggest the additional step of abandoning your Muslim faith.
    no thanks, i'm more than happy with my faith

ReputationRep:
    no thanks, i'm more than happy with my faith
    As far as my suggestion for sleeping goes it sounds as if it would be a prerequisite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    It works for me. It is just like waves etc. Type it in on youtube and check out a few if you want. It may still take you a while to get used to it at first, but it does work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i will. thanks!

(Original post by Purple_fox)
    Had the same problem for ages.
    Drink chamomile tea, listen to podcasts or try to reinact a well known route in your mind with all the small details along the way for example from home to school (weird, but works) .
    i'll try this lol

(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    I start counting. It displaces whatever you're thinking about, and eventually I usually go to sleep.
    yeah i start to think about everything just before bed. i'll deffo try this!

(Original post by Emily.97)
    Don't watch tele or do things on your phone- the brightness and concentration required is only gonna keep you alert.

yeah this is a good tip. thanks

ReputationRep:
    As far as my suggestion for sleeping goes it sounds as if it would be a prerequisite.
    well thanks for your response but i'm going to try the other suggestions which don't include intoxication

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds crazy, but try reverse psychology, and try to stay awake as long as possible. Always works for me.

Also, stop looking at the clock and working out exactly how much sleep you'll get if you fall asleep this minute. We all do it. Not productive.

ReputationRep:
    Just focus on your breathing. Or picture a colour in your head. There are loads of things people do.

This is quite weird, but the best thing to do is not to think about not sleeping. This stresses you out and makes it worse.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.