Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received an offer for Graphic communication at Bath Spa 2015, and thinking of making it their first choice?

ReputationRep:
    No offer for me yet, I've applied to both graphic communication and textile design for fashion and interiors at Bath Spa. I sent them an email this week actually (there are a couple of odd things relating to my application which were worrying me) and the reply was quite kind and reassuring, so I'm hoping they'll make an offer soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liserichardson)
    No offer for me yet, I've applied to both graphic communication and textile design for fashion and interiors at Bath Spa. I sent them an email this week actually (there are a couple of odd things relating to my application which were worrying me) and the reply was quite kind and reassuring, so I'm hoping they'll make an offer soon.
    I got rejected - found out today
    Im going to call the admissions and ask the exact reason why - Ucas only listed the reason as unsuccessful interview...
    Im going to complain / appeal about the decision though because I have more than the entry requirements and a pretty good portfolio.

What did you think of the interview? Mine was dreadful The interviewer did not have e a clue about my educational history and was apparent he never looked at my personal statement. 15 minutes to show and explain my work, telling me to rush when looking through my sketchbook.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, that sounds dreadful! Do give them a ring and see what reason they have for rejecting you, it sounds like the interview was a mess at their end rather than yours. I've not had my interview yet, they've told me they're arranging it now (got an email on Wednesday). I do hope it's not as bad, fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liserichardson)
    Oh dear, that sounds dreadful! Do give them a ring and see what reason they have for rejecting you, it sounds like the interview was a mess at their end rather than yours. I've not had my interview yet, they've told me they're arranging it now (got an email on Wednesday). I do hope it's not as bad, fingers crossed!
    It really was! I called the admissions team today and requested feedback which has been passd onto the admissions officer who then contacts the tutor or head leader of graphics. I should recieve an email from. them The reason had better be a dam solid reason! :mad: I have all the entry requirements and a sound portfolio which I have gained A grades so I am completely clueless as to why I was rejected.

I looked at the interview guidelines they emailed me with stating what they would like to see in my portfolio. Needless to say, I included everything. I also study photography too which I often combine with my graphics work.

They said the work is reviewed by two members of staff while we are taken on a short tour of the campus. But when I came back, it appeared the contents of my folder had remained untouched.... I only left a sketchbook outside of the folder and when i finally got round to showing my work, he seemed absolutely uninterested of being there and rushed me ashe only gave me 10 minutes.

I will let you know what they say and I wish you good luck for your interview Hopefully you will have a better interview and interviewer than I did!

ReputationRep:
    I feel so bad for you, it's such a shame it went that way! Thanks, I'll post about it once it's over! I'm doing a Skype interview so they've got my digital portfolio already, and I know they've had a look at that, but goodness knows what they'll think. I've got a vocational degree in fine art and photography already, so here's hoping that comes through at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    Finally received an offer, and it's unconditional! I'm going to go for it, although I did like the look of UWE too (which I got a conditional offer from), Bath was my favourite from the get go. I didn't have to do an interview at all in the end, funnily enough!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've been for the interview and received an offer. I live in Bath, right now not sure whether to chose it as my firm choice. Glad to know a few more people intwrested and friendly. I spent the best part of 3 hours at the interview in total awkward silence amongst other teens so was quite worried☺

ReputationRep:
    Yikes, I'm very glad I didn't have to go through an interview like that!

ReputationRep:
    I have Put it down as my firm choice, and Falmouth as my insurance

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.