The Student Room Group

Immigration.

Immigration isn't really a topic I have commented on because I don't think it is very important. However their are glaring issues with the current debate.

First off can the people who don't support mass immigration and want to cut the numbers just admit that the issue is the sort of people who are immigrating to Britain and not the numbers. If all the people coming to Britain were white English speakers from Australia, Canada and American they would have no issue with immigration at this level.

Many people fear saying what they want because they will be insulted and called racist, xenophobic, bigoted and islamophobic. I say to all who seek to maintain the legacy of Britain, their ancestors and their culture do not be cowered by these insults. Rather counter with your own, call your opponents anti-British-anti-Protestant oikophobs.

Another glaring issue with the immigration debate is that net migration is the counted as the most important statistic, not turnover of population. So turnover is the number of people who moved to Britain in a year added to the number of people who emigrated from Britain in that same year. This affect is far more of an issue than net migration. So why isn't anyone anywhere talking about the number of people emigrating from Britain and trying to cut emigration?

My immigration policy would be to have a preeminent class of immigrant who must be targeted for immigration to Britain. This class will be people who have legacy in Britain and Ireland, these people who can prove their families were born and lived in Britain for at least 100 years before emigrating from Britain. These people would be in not uncertain terms returning home to a place where they have generations of legacy and ancestry. I would attempt to cut emigration numbers by forcing people who emigrate to pay a punitive one off fee to the government, revoking of citizenship, pass ports and levying of a tax on any property they sell.

These two policies should assuage peoples logical issues with immigration and decrease the turnover of the population. Making the immigration issue go away so we can move onto more important things.

Scroll to see replies

Mass immigration is a big issue.
You could've just used the search function . To
you're calling it "mass" immigration, but you're still referring to people who challenge it, basically, racists? wow.
Original post by zippity.doodah
you're calling it "mass" immigration, but you're still referring to people who challenge it, basically, racists? wow.

Well they are racist, but they aren't willing to admit it because they will be insulted and their view put aside as extreme. These peoples views are perfectly logical. The vast majority of people who have legacy in Britain of a century of more are white.
Original post by Raymat
Mass immigration is a big issue.

Sure immigration is a big issue. However it doesn't need to be so if the policies I put forward are law the issue would be gone. The main people pushing the debate would be happy the racists, economic liberals and ethnic minorities would all be happy.
Original post by william walker
Well they are racist, but they aren't willing to admit it because they will be insulted and their view put aside as extreme. These peoples views are perfectly logical. The vast majority of people who have legacy in Britain of a century of more are white.

you think "mass" immigration of white people in the UK is good? eastern Europeans are white, but so what? if there are too many people coming in, there will be shortages of jobs and houses - it's not about race or ethnicity. do you think people like living in crowded conditions?
you think "mass" immigration of white people in the UK is good? eastern Europeans are white, but so what? if there are too many people coming in, there will be shortages of jobs and houses - it's not about race or ethnicity. do you think people like living in crowded conditions?

But we have no control of that part of immigration from the EU. Also nobody cares or has any issue with immigration from eastern European. The issue with immigration because of the EU is that the EU law decides what we do. It is about national sovereignty. Not numbers.

Mass immigration of people with legacy in Britain of 100 years or more is superior to mass immigration of people with no legacy in Britain. Immigration isn't good or bad, it just happens for a number of reasons.

The reason we have few jobs and lack of housing is because of the government, it has nothing to do with immigration.
(edited 9 years ago)
But we have no control of that part of immigration from the EU. Also nobody cares or has any issue with immigration from eastern European. The issue with immigration because of the EU is that the EU law decides what we do. It is about national sovereignty. Not numbers.

Mass immigration of people with legacy in Britain of 100 years or more is superior to mass immigration of people with no legacy in Britain. Immigration isn't good or bad, it just happens for a number of reasons.

The reason we have few jobs and lack of housing is because of the government, it has nothing to do with immigration.

what evidence do you have for these claims?
Reply 9
Pretty much spot on OP although i'd also keep the Europeans. My issue is more religion (culture) than skin coulor.
i prefer white immigration because they share similar cultures, shared history and so on. it does not mean that i am against non white immigration but i do think we should favour immigrants that are a European and i do not think this is anything other than sensible.

The only immigration that i think should be banned is immigration from Muslim countries for very obvious reasons

Words like bigoted and racist are now meaningless to me so you can shout and scream those words as much as you want.
what evidence do you have for these claims?

None. What evidence do you have for your claims?
Original post by Rakas21
Pretty much spot on OP although i'd also keep the Europeans. My issue is more religion (culture) than skin coulor.

So you would be happy with an increase of Protestant immigration from the Caribbean and Africa then? I highly doubt this is what anyone wants. What they want is white people. However you can't just say white people like the Australians did, it must be more political than that. So you basis it on something acceptable like legacy. However the effect will be what most people want. More people who look, sound and believe the same things they do.

If you are worried about Muhammadanism the answer would be to pass new penal laws to limit their power within the British state and make it harder from them to immigrate to Britain.
(edited 9 years ago)
None. What evidence do you have for your claims?

shifting the burden of proof I take it? you made a claim, not me. but honestly, it's clearly due to immigration that people, now, resent the EU. it's clearly because in the past few years, eastern Europe has become integrated, and obviously, there have been consequences that didn't used to exist with our membership of the EU; "mass migration" from countries like france and Germany was never going to happen because there's no economic difference between us and them, while with eastern Europe, there is. the minimum wage in the UK is 10x that of Romania.
So you would be happy with an increase of Protestant immigration from the Caribbean and Africa then? I highly doubt this is what anyone wants. What they want is white people. However you can't just say white people like the Australians did, it must be more political than that. So you basis it on something acceptable like legacy. However the effect will be what most people want, more people who look, sound and believe the same things they do.

Ideally i'd go with any nation that has a GDP per capita of $30k that is in Europe or the Anglosphere and developed Asia. I'd allow people to buy citizenship for £10k each (2 parents coming in can bring 3 children under the age of 5 for free) subject to proof of no criminal record and A-C equivalent English and Maths. I'd then pretty much close the border outside that since we have a billion people to target from there.
Original post by Native To Europe
i prefer white immigration because they share similar cultures, shared history and so on. it does not mean that i am against non white immigration but i do think we should favour immigrants that are a European and i do not think this is anything other than sensible.

The only immigration that i think should be banned is immigration from Muslim countries for very obvious reasons

Words like bigoted and racist are now meaningless to me so you can shout and scream those words as much as you want.

I prefer Britain immigration to European immigration. However European immigration because of geography is obviously better than Africa or Asian immigration. However I do dislike the French, but who doesn't?

So do you support the immigration of Romanian gypsies or Albanian Muslims to Britain? I highly doubt that you do.
Original post by Rakas21
Ideally i'd go with any nation that has a GDP per capita of $30k that is in Europe or the Anglosphere and developed Asia. I'd allow people to buy citizenship for £10k each (2 parents coming in can bring 3 children under the age of 5 for free) subject to proof of no criminal record and A-C equivalent English and Maths. I'd then pretty much close the border outside that since we have a billion people to target from there.

Really you would want hundreds of thousands of Korean's, coastal Chinese and Japanese moving you Britain every year? Parts of Africa and the Caribbean are part of the Anglosphere or English speaking world. Yet you just said they are less preferable.

Oh so you want British citizenship to be devalued to nothing more than an economic transaction. Also that would be dependent upon the government, their would be no oversights of that. It would be abused, citizenship should not be for sale.
I prefer Britain immigration to European immigration. However European immigration because of geography is obviously better than Africa or Asian immigration. However I do dislike the French, but who doesn't?

So do you support the immigration of Romanian gypsies or Albanian Muslims to Britain? I highly doubt that you do.

I do not support European immigration because of geography. I support European immigration because I view them as our kin and they share similar values and culture, history and so on and on.

And I do not support Albanian Muslim immigration or roma gypsy immigration; you are quite correct.
shifting the burden of proof I take it? you made a claim, not me. but honestly, it's clearly due to immigration that people, now, resent the EU. it's clearly because in the past few years, eastern Europe has become integrated, and obviously, there have been consequences that didn't used to exist with our membership of the EU; "mass migration" from countries like france and Germany was never going to happen because there's no economic difference between us and them, while with eastern Europe, there is. the minimum wage in the UK is 10x that of Romania.

No I am not shifting anything. I said I didn't have any evidence to support my claim. Then asked you if you has evidence to support your claim. I made a claim and you made a counter claim. We both made a claim.

No people resent the EU because they have no sovereignty over immigration policy, it has nothing to do with immigration. It has everything to do with the sovereignty of the British nation state.
Original post by Native To Europe
I do not support European immigration because of geography. I support European immigration because I view them as our kin and they share similar values and culture, history and so on and on.

And I do not support Albanian Muslim immigration or roma gypsy immigration; you are quite correct.

However Eastern Europe is Catholic or Orthodox Christian, they aren't Protestants. Eastern Europeans don't speak English. They live in a different environment to Britain. We don't care the same culture at all.

So you support immigration from specific parts of Europe then? Not all of Europe.

Quick Reply