Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I feel really ill. I went into school today and came home early, I have been in bed since and I am SO cold. I don't think I can go into school tomorrow, I can barely get up to go to the toilet without freezing to death. I would normally take the day off but I only have two periods tomorrow and I have to do my chemistry controlled assessment in them. I can arrange to do it after school next week I'm sure, but I feel guilty and terrible missing it. What do I do? I can email my teacher a express my concerns but I have two exams(other subjects) lined up after school on monday and tuesday so what if he thinks I am making excuses. I would toughen up and go in but I am seriously ill and feel like I am about to throw up any moment advice please. I also won't be able to wear my coat in the classroom, what if I freeze to death. Ugh

ReputationRep:
    There is no point in going to school if you are that sick as you probably won't be able to concentrate on your controlled assessment anyway. Just call in sick tomorrow and then take a letter confirming from a parent that you were sick on Monday if you don't want to be seen as making it up or ask a parent to go to school tomorrow on your behalf if they can telling them you're sick. Either way if you have proof that you were ill then you should be aloud to re-sit your controlled assessment again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you wont be able to focus in your CA if you're that sick, just take the time and email your teacher to apologise specifically to them and I'm sure they will make time for you on another day

ReputationRep:
    Don't go, wait until you are better

ReputationRep:
    yes go go go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    yes go go go
    NO!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.