I'm currently in the process of choosing my GCSE options. We have to do:
    Maths
    English Literature and Language
    All three sciences
    PE (not the long course)
    Ethics
    PSHE
    One language

Now, my problem is, we get to choose 3 choices out of the rest of the subjects. I'm undecided between Fine art and drama. I only want to do 1 art as we only get to choose 3 (they recommend one of them being history or geography). I've been told I'm good at fine art and that I can draw well (not trying to sound too full of myself) but ive also been told that I'm quite good at drama. I'm hoping to go into media when I'm older or something to do within graphics.

I'm out going, creative (apparently), not shy and not afraid to take risks. Do you have any advice for me?

ReputationRep:
    I do drama! And although I'm obviously not biased () I can highly recommend it. The practical work is really fun, and now I'm writing a script extract for my next unit, and will perform again for the final one. I find the topics - particularly the context of each stimulus - really interesting. It's certainly a great option to explore your creativity.

Despite this, if graphics is your thing obviously art would be a lot more useful. A lot of my friends take it and enjoy it, although there is a lot of work involved outside of school (but then, drama requires some of that too). If you're totally set on graphics, then I'd probably go for that. Keep in mind that your career choices are likely to change, though!

ReputationRep:
    Your compulsory options are quite good. Except for English Literature, I'm on track to get an A* in Language but I really don't like literature. You need to pick at least one thing that you're good at, so fine Art would be good. If you want to do drama then do drama. I do Art GCSE and it's fairly easy to get good grades in it if you're willing to put the time and effort in. Does your school offer GCSE Graphics? A Language GCSE always look great however one of the most challenging options there is, it requires a good memory, drive and determination to succeed in a Language GCSE, I do French. I also do history, I enjoy it however it can be dull; which exam board to you use for history and do you know which spec? You need to pick things that you can do the best in and that can flow you nicely into HE.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.