The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

IOE or Goldsmiths?

I can't decide between BA Education at IOE or Education, Culture & Society at Goldsmiths.

IOE has a better rep, but is a lot more expensive to go to and doesn't appear to have that community feel. Whereas Goldsmiths is much more cheaper and seems to have that community feel to it.

Where should I go?! I can't decide. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Bump
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hey, I received an offer from both these universities and I plan on reading the same course at Goldsmiths and Psychology with Education at IOE. Everyone for themselves I suppose, because I personally the vibe at IOE , everyone was friendly, both the Professors and students were informative. But more importantly the course accommodates everything I plan on studying.
At the same time, I was wary about Goldsmiths from day one and had been "urrhhh"-ing over it for ages and only applied for it as a back up, but two weeks ago when I went for my interview, the two professors were incredibly lovely and we went into depth about the course and I realised how it encompasses everything I'm passionate for. (plus they totally won brownie points for giving me a conditional offer on a grade B, instead of their required A for CACHE students :wink:))).
As I live in South London, and I hope to be commuting, Goldsmiths would be the sensible option to go, but my heart has been set on IOE, plus my sister graduated with her Masters from UCL last summer and she didn't find the trek that overwhelming . I'm sorry if I can't be much of help in regards to accommodation, but yeah UCL will definitely be more expensive, due to location.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending