Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

university of birmingham nursing interview watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I have got an interview invitation from university of Birmingham for nursing. Has anyone had theirs yet? I seriously don't know what to expect.. Any help given would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have an interview here too. Was just wondering if you've had yours yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Well done for getting an interview! I'm a 3rd year child branch student nurse. I didn't have an interview at the University of Birmingham, but I may be able to help you (I hope!).

What to expect? There will be a Maths and English test, probably first. If they do the tests first, it's likely only those who pass those tests will be interviewed. Interviews can be individual with a panel of interviewers, and/or in a group. Some universities only do one of those, others do both.

In general, here's some advice...

- Make sure you fully understand the role of a nurse
    - Research about the university and their facilities, and about the latest nursing news. (BBC Health News is a good place to look)
    - Understand the basics of the NMC Code of Conduct (2008 & the 2015 version, commencing 31st March - both are available online) and the NHS Constitution (2013) as you may be asked about these, or you may want to refer to them in your answers - which would come across very well
    - Practice answers to questions you are likely to be asked
    - Do some sample Maths and English tests (Papers can be found on Brighton and Birmingham University's websites. Other universities may also provide their own)
    - Maintain good posture and eye contact, and remember the tone of voice which you are speaking in. Speak clearly and slowly
    - Remember that it's ok to ask to come back to a question at the end or ask for a minute to think about your answer. You are better to take your time and give a really good answer than blurt out something mediocre
    - Actively listen as much as you talk

I've just given a few general tips. If you have any more questions, or want more specific tips based on any concerns you have, then please don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck to you both!
    Joel

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.