The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whyicarusfell
Applied to Oxford and Durham for LNAT unis and got offers from both, so I'm hoping that my score was good, even though I thought it went really badly!

Does anyone know when we actually get the results though?

I think it's the first Monday of Feb
Original post by oskarwithak
Oxford and UCL were my two LNAT unis, and I got an offer for both, so I'm quietly confident I guess? I found the LNAT oddly enjoyable, but that was probably because it was at the same time as the Australian leaving exams, and so formed a nice break.

It's either the first Monday of February or the 4th when LNAT results are released (I think), and the alphabetical first half (by surname) receive their results roughly an hour or so earlier than the second.

Weirdly enough I found it similar to the Reading section of the SATs. And I did the SATs shortly after doing the LNAT:tongue:
Well, it says on the LNAT website that results will be released in early February. In that case, the first Monday of the month sounds about right :smile: I've had an offer from KCL and Bristol just interested to see my result now!
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Wow congrats! Last year it was like the 6th or something, it's always early February.

(Original post by whyicarusfell)
Applied to Oxford and Durham for LNAT unis and got offers from both, so I'm hoping that my score was good, even though I thought it went really badly!

Does anyone know when we actually get the results though?

I think it's the first Monday of Feb

Thanks guys :biggrin:
Original post by binarythoughts
Weirdly enough I found it similar to the Reading section of the SATs. And I did the SATs shortly after doing the LNAT:tongue:

Same! And I managed to nab an 800 on the CR, so it's a nice precedent.

I think I'm lucky that my [-]ATs are there to cover my general ineptitude. SAT, LNAT, UMAT, they've saved me.
Same! And I managed to nab an 800 on the CR, so it's a nice precedent.

I think I'm lucky that my [-]ATs are there to cover my general ineptitude. SAT, LNAT, UMAT, they've saved me.

I managed an 800 in the math section :smile:
I think my LNAT might've been my savior too
Haha you should have doubled the benefits. Did you submit your SATs to your unis as well?

The Writing section was the one that got me. 720 dammit.
Haha you should have doubled the benefits. Did you submit your SATs to your unis as well?

The Writing section was the one that got me. 720 dammit.

780 in writing :tongue:
CR was my worst- 760

I didn't mention it because I didn't think it would help me and I didn't know I well I had performed, now I kinda wish I did
you have got to be kidding me. 2340?

I hate you. 2320.

have you had any good/bad news so far? I really think my SATs were the only way I got into Oxford.

Here in Australia it's such a gravy train. 2180 equates to our A*A*A*. It's ridiculous.
you have got to be kidding me. 2340?

I hate you. 2320.

have you had any good/bad news so far? I really think my SATs were the only way I got into Oxford.

Here in Australia it's such a gravy train. 2180 equates to our A*A*A*. It's ridiculous.

Haha, so close
It's been all good news besides Oxford.
Oh God don't say that, it makes me wonder if I would've gotten in if I submitted them

Not many people actually bother with SATs in Dubai :/
I'm sorry to hear about Oxford!

Other than that though, glad to hear it :smile:

Yeah in Australia it's a big thing, mostly amongst parents who want to pay their kids ways into American Universities. It's a bit ridiculous.
Got an offer from oxford, so I think I did well but KCL still haven't gotten back to me so tbh I don't know what to expect? Anyone know if KCL's cut off point is higher than oxford's??
Got offers from Exeter and Warwick but got rejected pretty early on from UCL on the basis on a 'low LNAT', so im pretty nervous about how i'm gonna do for Bristol and KCL and how my LNAT's gonna be

seems as though from the threads i have read lots of people have been rejected from UCL for the same reason so the hopes aren't too low :wink:
Original post by barcastyleofplay
Got an offer from oxford, so I think I did well but KCL still haven't gotten back to me so tbh I don't know what to expect? Anyone know if KCL's cut off point is higher than oxford's??

I've heard that Oxford cut off point is normally 30 and with KCL its more of a variable cutoff.

I've also heard that if you have a good ps and a good (25+) lnat KCL usually lets you in

(heard from the head of admissions at st. catherines at the lnat seminar at oxbridge applications)
Original post by barcastyleofplay

I think I read that it's 26 for international students at King's. I have an offer so we'll find out when I get my result
Original post by binarythoughts
I think I read that it's 26 for international students at King's. I have an offer so we'll find out when I get my result

lucky you :wink:
Original post by Barbato101
I've heard that Oxford cut off point is normally 30 and with KCL its more of a variable cutoff.

I've also heard that if you have a good ps and a good (25+) lnat KCL usually lets you in

(heard from the head of admissions at st. catherines at the lnat seminar at oxbridge applications)

I don't think Oxford's cut-off point is anywhere near 30. I've read a FOI response which stated the average for interviewees was 26; the average for offer-holders was 27. Therefore you can assume that many achieved 20-23 and some achieved 27-30.

See: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCwQFjAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.whatdotheyknow.com%2Frequest%2F217268%2Fresponse%2F537019%2Fattach%2F2%2FReynolds%2520Ltr.docx&ei=NDPNVLDSJovhaLWqgeAB&usg=AFQjCNGIStMzSHXQ5zylOpr9gv6g_dWbDQ&sig2=TPA9a_LSB07IcnWwMZzicg&bvm=bv.85076809,d.ZWU
i dunno i guess my source is more reputable as its directly 'from the horses mouth', but i know that different colleges have different criteria for Law so maybe that might be the overall average for oxford?
I second A1112787,

The trend last year was that Oxford didn't have an LNAT cutoff, rather there was a rough line around 20-22 where you had to have excellent grades for consideration at interview. Nowhere near 30 though.
I second A1112787,

The trend last year was that Oxford didn't have an LNAT cutoff, rather there was a rough line around 20-22 where you had to have excellent grades for consideration at interview. Nowhere near 30 though.

Hey, i'm just saying what the head of admissions said if you disagree with that you can disagree but i'm sure she is much more of a reputable source than anywhere else (since she is the one who actually admits students into the university).

Latest

Trending

Trending