Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the only one that trusts no one? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I am so cynical but I am. I don't trust anyone. I think everyone is out to act only through their self-interest.

The only people I truly trust are my parents and my little sister.

I wonder if other people are like this too...

How the hell am I going to get married?! Ill probably bring a lawyer to the honeymoon.

ReputationRep:
    you're lying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adipoptosis)
    I don't know why I am so cynical but I am. I don't trust anyone. I think everyone is out to act only on their self-interest.

I don't trust you enough to trust that you trust no one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    I don't trust you enough to trust that you trust no one
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    Trusting literally no one ≠ Trusting no one but your parents and little sister. I think you meant to say, "Am I the only one who trusts figuratively​ no one?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    you're lying

Im not lying. Honestly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Trusting literally no one ≠ Trusting no one but your parents and little sister. I think you meant to say, "Am I the only one who trusts figuratively​ no one?"
    This is being pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    Im not lying. Honestly.
    I have a doctor's note to say that I'm not lying when I say how can I be sure you're not lying and this is some sort of conspiracy to make me your *****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    I have a doctor's note to say that I'm not lying when I say how can I be sure you're not lying and this is some sort of conspiracy to make me your *****?
    You're too clever for me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I am so cynical but I am. I don't trust anyone. I think everyone is out to act only on their self-interest.

How the hell am I going to get married?! Ill probably bring a lawyer to the honeymoon.

You have an enviable attitude that will prove useful throughout your life, nothing to be ashamed of.

ReputationRep:
    You're too clever for me.
    nonsense, you're too calm for me

ReputationRep:
    It's not a bad thing to not trust anyone..not..not.

In all seriousness though, being cautious around others isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just try not to let it govern your life and you'll be fine I think I had the same trust-related issues after being assaulted when I was at uni, but you'll learn that not everyone is the same and there are nice people out there who you can truly rely upon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    It's not a bad thing to not trust anyone..not..not.

In all seriousness though, being cautious around others isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just try not to let it govern your life and you'll be fine I think I had the same trust-related issues after being assaulted when I was at uni, but you'll learn that not everyone is the same and there are nice people out there who you can truly rely upon.
    I want to meet these people.

See I thought I had met someone like that. After years of being guarded - I thought, yeh, I can trust this person. And then...push came to shave and they let me down. After that episode, I decided, i'll never be the patsy again! Now I'm just cold.

ReputationRep:
    No, you aren't the only one who trusts no one, because you do - you trust your parents and your sister.

ReputationRep:
    I want to meet these people.

See I thought I had met someone like that. After years of being guarded - I thought, yeh, I can trust this person. And then...push came to shave and they let me down. After that episode, I decided, i'll never be the patsy again! Now I'm just cold.
    It's ok, the problem is that you cannot really 'prove' that someone is truly reliable and loyal, so it's kind of left up to you to figure out whether that person is worth knowing or not. It's a very shady area in general really- you could be married to the same person for decades and then realise that they were not who you thought they were. So it's no wonder that you have trust issues given your experiences. The best way to understand someone is to talk to them though- talk about your daily life, your dreams etc. There are ways of opening up about your life without giving away details that you'd rather keep personal. It's up to you really.

ReputationRep:
    not really! there are a lot of people who don't trust anyone... they don't even trust their parents to tell them their feelings and problems.....

ReputationRep:
    I have no issues with trust, I make myself dependable to others, and trust those who show themselves consistently worthy of such, while remaining suspicious that they might change.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel like that, or instance when I've lent people money & they haven't paid me back, grr! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeel1)
    I have no issues with trust, I make myself dependable to others, and trust those who show themselves consistently worthy of such, while remaining suspicious that they might change.
    I think thats a good approach.

So I think that to function efficiently in society you have to have a certain level of trust in a number of people. You also have to realise that people are just essentially reacting to their circumstances; no one acts in a bad way just to hurt you in particular. Being able to identify factors which may make people act different is the key.

ReputationRep:
    That's how I think. It's normal because you apply logic.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.