Cambridge Diploma in Management Studies?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Vitriol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I've a friend who's just been accepted onto this course. He graduated with a high 2:2 and said he was planning on doing a masters. A few Qs for you:

a. What, exactly, does a diploma of this sort entail? He mentioned something about it being the first year of an undergrad management course.

b. How did he get into Cams with a 2:2? He graduated from Manchester with a degree in Economics.

c. What is the point of this diploma? Can he join the MPhil at a later stage (I find this hard to believe considering Cambridge wants a first for this course I think).

It's not that I disbelieve him, it's just I don't see why he'd want to do a diploma and I'm highly surprised he was admitted with a 2:2. :confused:
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a. What, exactly, does a diploma of this sort entail? He mentioned something about it being the first year of an undergrad management course.
Material-wise I guess it probably is like a first year management course. However, the sophistication of your writing and analysis should correspond to a final year undergraduate rather than a first year.

b. How did he get into Cams with a 2:2? He graduated from Manchester with a degree in Economics.
Cambridge don't give this course a Masters title which is why your friends 2.2 doesn't matter.

c. What is the point of this diploma? Can he join the MPhil at a later stage (I find this hard to believe considering Cambridge wants a first for this course I think).
A conversion course for students in non-business subjects such as Medicine or Engineering. A course for visiting overseas students. A course for people who didn't do too well with their first degree.

Your friend can apply for the MPhil programme but he will probably need a First Class mark for the Diploma.
Vitriol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ah, thanks for that.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (43)
7.79%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (43)
7.79%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (131)
23.73%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (75)
13.59%
No, nothing has changed (173)
31.34%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (87)
15.76%

Watched Threads