Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to a trial shift at Pizza Hut this Saturday and really REALLY need to get the job- seriously, if I don't there's a fair chance I'll get evicted and quite possible imprisoned for my debt...

Anyone have any tips for acing the trial? I've worked as a waitress before, but it was a long time ago. Most of my experience was in a McDonalds for about 2 years.

I did a trial at Handmade Burger Company a few months ago and didn't get hired. They didn't give me a reason, but to be honest they weren't watching me at all throughout the shift, and I was the only person on the floor for 4.5 out of 5 hours... Still, it knocked my confidence.

Any way, tips?

ReputationRep:
    Just be really friendly, go that extra mile, do little jobs that maybe you would overlook to show that you're attentive or maybe offer to do something that's not necessarily part of the description ("Shall I stock up/refill this" etc), maybe get involved with the other staff so that they have something to say about you if they get consulted to see how you did, try and seem confident even if you don't actually feel it, be well presented, be prepared for anything. If you're nervous I'd say try not to show it, focus on enjoying it and showing that.

Also maybe look really well at the job description, maybe know some things about how Pizza Hut work before you go to show you really care. Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.