Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think that he likes me? (I'm gay btw) watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in university and since the beginning of term last year, there's this cute guy who has been talking to me in a really friendly way. However, I think that he is straight but i'm not 100% sure. We don't really know each other well but he's been really nice and conversational with me whenever we see or bump into each other.

I have a few instances where he might taken some kind of interest in me:

1. Whenever we are in the computer lab together doing homework/studying, he would most of the time come up to me to ask about work and he would offer me snacks

2. I started wearing this leather jacket to lectures and on the first day of me wearing it, he complimented me and said that he likes my jacket

3. One time, when my friend was talking to him (and I wasn't there with them), he actually asked her where I was.

4. When we stayed back to finish off a lab report, I was in a computer room and he was in the other one. I went to the other room where he was at as it had a colour printer and once i saw him, i immediately said hi and we chatted for a bit. After printing out some stuff, I left the room and he came to the computer room I was in and he offered to go together with me to the office to submit our lab reports together. And it's not like he's lonely, his good friend was with him. He asked me how I was doing and we talked about random stuff like his band/music etc.

5. He was curious to know whether or not I was going to be in uni for the next week (We have study break atm)

So to repeat my question, do you guys think that he likes me or is he just being a friendly guy?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can say from just that.

Maybe he just likes you in a friendly way and wants to be friends...

It's a hard game to play when you're gay and the other person is of unknown preference :lol:

ReputationRep:
    As a fellow gay guy, I've been in this situation many times.

The best thing to do is to get to know him better, you're more likely to find out which way he swings. If he talks to you about a girl of his interest, you'll know he's straight and probably isn't interested in you in THAT way. However, if he gives you suggestive hints that he wants to get intimately closer to you then he could be curious

ReputationRep:
    Do this !

See which side of hand is more attractive to you
    if the palm...he's gay and likes you
    if the backside of the palm....he's not gay but he is nor averse to bi-sexuality.
    if neither....run for your life.

Did I help?

ReputationRep:
    This is a very hard one. Lol
    I think you should let things be for a while. Get to know him better and his preferences ofcourse.. Then act with whatever your findings are..

ReputationRep:
    LOL , say to him ''What type of girls are you into? I can help you find some us gays tend to have lots of girl mates''

ReputationRep:
    It's really hard to tell. He could *like* you, but it's equally likely, if not more, that he just likes you.

Does he know you're gay?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.