Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi soz if ive posted threads similar to this but ive applied for a course, got a conditional offer but want to do a different course at the same uni. however on my personal statement ive wrote it as though im dedicated to sport and becoming a P.E teacher but ive neva really been sure and decided id rather do psychology as it leads to a better job. im worried that if i ask to change they will say no and i'll lose my offer due to lack of interest.
    also would they ring my college and want to speak to the teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    hi soz if ive posted threads similar to this but ive applied for a course, got a conditional offer but want to do a different course at the same uni. however on my personal statement ive wrote it as though im dedicated to sport and becoming a P.E teacher but ive neva really been sure and decided id rather do psychology as it leads to a better job. im worried that if i ask to change they will say no and i'll lose my offer due to lack of interest.
    the Pe tacher at my school is also the psychology 1

ReputationRep:
    No they cannot take away your offer but I would I'd look up the required grades for psychology, make sure you get them and then there will be a chance for you to change maybe call them up when youve got your results, alternatively you will most likely be able to switch course within the first two weeks of starting at the uni, you will need to go through some sort of procedure, do a google on it or look it up in the student union part of the uni website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i was in the same situation as u.. i applied for dentistry but then i changed my mind and so wanted to do pharmacy so i range the college and asked if i could forward my application to the pharmacy department and it came out successful.. .. but u have to consider the fact that psycology is quite competitive.. but if ur predicted grades match the required grade for Psychology then i would just ring up the uni and talk to them about it (the Psychology department) and see what they think and what are ur chances of getting in b4 applying!!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all ure replies. my predicted grades are crap lol and ive no idea how i got the offer for sports science. so do u think its easier to get the results first and then ask to swap

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.