Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Okay so I lived in the UK until last year March 2014, since then i have been working in Korea. I am due to return March 2015.

    However, As far as HMRC is concerned I am ordinarily resident in UK since I will NOT have been away for a full tax year (april 2014-april 2015) although I am just 35 days shy of that. Therefore I will be paying income tax I guess for 2014/15 earnings made in Korea.

    The requirement is that you must have been ordinarily resident for 3 years prior to your course to be a home student. I want to start my MA in 2016. )My question is given that HMRC are going to tax me and consider me resident does that mean I can claim Home status fees or do i need to wait until 2018?! I really dont want to pay international student fees.
    (I'm a british citizen)
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.