Noemiluisa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am looking for a literary book related to science which is not specifically for experts of the subject. It would be better if it was written some time ago. Any suggestions?
happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Noemiluisa)
Hi, I am looking for a literary book related to science which is not specifically for experts of the subject. It would be better if it was written some time ago. Any suggestions?
Frankenstein (by Mary Shelley) comes to mind - I'm curious though - why are you looking for such a book?
Simes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some of the Sherlock Holmes stories do this with references to his analysis of tobacco ash: http://www.artintheblood.com/misc/tobacco.htm
Noemiluisa
Rep:
?
(Original post by happysmile)
Frankenstein (by Mary Shelley) comes to mind - I'm curious though - why are you looking for such a book?
It's difficult to explain. I live in Italy and attend a scientific high school and I have to talk about English literature in my final exam, but I didn't want to choose the usual kind of books related to poetry and psycology but one more focused on science, since I chose a scientific school.
A scientific High school in Italy is one where you focus more on scientfic subjects but you also have to study Italian and English literature, Latin, Phylosophy and so on...
happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Noemiluisa)
It's difficult to explain. I live in Italy and attend a scientific high school and I have to talk about English literature in my final exam, but I didn't want to choose the usual kind of books related to poetry and psycology but one more focused on science, since I chose a scientific school.
A scientific High school in Italy is one where you focus more on scientfic subjects but you also have to study Italian and English literature, Latin, Phylosophy and so on...
So which book have you chosen? (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is a science fiction gothic novel English Literature book)
Noemiluisa
Rep:
?
(Original post by happysmile)
So which book have you chosen? (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is a science fiction gothic novel English Literature book)
I haven't decided yet, I studied Mary Shelley last year so I'm not sure I can talk about it in the final exam. I have looked at Darwin' origin of species but I don't like it. I might talk about climate changes and look for a book...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (627)
33.66%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (784)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (368)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.51%

Watched Threads