Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am looking for a literary book related to science which is not specifically for experts of the subject. It would be better if it was written some time ago. Any suggestions?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Noemiluisa)
    Hi, I am looking for a literary book related to science which is not specifically for experts of the subject. It would be better if it was written some time ago. Any suggestions?
    Frankenstein (by Mary Shelley) comes to mind - I'm curious though - why are you looking for such a book?

ReputationRep:
    Some of the Sherlock Holmes stories do this with references to his analysis of tobacco ash: http://www.artintheblood.com/misc/tobacco.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysmile)
    Frankenstein (by Mary Shelley) comes to mind - I'm curious though - why are you looking for such a book?
    It's difficult to explain. I live in Italy and attend a scientific high school and I have to talk about English literature in my final exam, but I didn't want to choose the usual kind of books related to poetry and psycology but one more focused on science, since I chose a scientific school.
    A scientific High school in Italy is one where you focus more on scientfic subjects but you also have to study Italian and English literature, Latin, Phylosophy and so on...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Noemiluisa)
    It's difficult to explain. I live in Italy and attend a scientific high school and I have to talk about English literature in my final exam, but I didn't want to choose the usual kind of books related to poetry and psycology but one more focused on science, since I chose a scientific school.
    A scientific High school in Italy is one where you focus more on scientfic subjects but you also have to study Italian and English literature, Latin, Phylosophy and so on...
    So which book have you chosen? (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is a science fiction gothic novel English Literature book)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysmile)
    So which book have you chosen? (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is a science fiction gothic novel English Literature book)
    I haven't decided yet, I studied Mary Shelley last year so I'm not sure I can talk about it in the final exam. I have looked at Darwin' origin of species but I don't like it. I might talk about climate changes and look for a book...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.