Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

Ok so at the moment I am slightly confused as to where I stand in regards to my student finance, I've emailed a couple of money advice services at ARU but just wanted to see if there is anyone else who has been in my position and how they managed to sort it out.

So to start from the very beginning, I applied to study a Computer Gaming Course at ARU and applied for student finance. All went well, was paid the correct amount etc.

However mid-way through the semester (around October) I realised that this course was simply not for me. I spoke to a number of people who explained that because of the time frame I couldn't simply hop from one course to another and so it was recommended that I start again at the January entry point for the new course and go onto intermission until that point. I was told that there would be some financial implications to doing this, which was understandable.

Student Finance wrote to me explaining that because I had suspended my studies my application would also be suspended. Which again is understandable.

When it came to re-registering for my new course I was told that Student Finance would be sent a "Change of Circumstances" letter informing them that I have now moved over onto the new course. I cant seem to be able to change my course using the Student Finance website and the information stated there is the following:
    As you've suspended your studies, your student finance application has also been suspended.
    If you've decided to resume your studies for academic year 2014 / 2015, you should contact ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY — they'll get in touch with us. Once we've heard from them, we'll process your 2014 / 2015 application.
    Or, if you want to apply for academic year 2015 / 2016, you can apply when the service launches in early 2015.

At this moment in time I haven't heard anything from student finance in regards to my application. I also received the following piece of information for ARU which I am slightly confused about and currently awaiting some clarification from them:
    "Please be aware after this academic year 14/15 ie 31st July 2015 onwards you will be classed as a “January starter” moving forward into the new academic year 15/16. So you will need cover between September 2015- January 2016 as per a January starter opposed to being a September starter. The other January starters on this course will have already applied for their fees as Jan starters now but as you have already covered your whole academic year being a September 2014 starter your already covered for part of it but please be aware you are not for the 2nd Semester of your first year and when you apply in august make sure student finance are aware of this."

So at this current moment in time I am really confused as to where I stand with student finance. Does this mean that for the remainder of my first year they will not provide me with any form of finance or will the resume my application for the new course until I have to apply for next years finance? Also adding onto this does this affect me when applying for the second year's finance?

If anyone could be kind as to shed some light on this matter for me I would be really grateful! It's all slightly confusing at this moment in time, so if anyone who has been through the same thing would like to explain how they managed to get around this then that would be wonderful.

Thanks All

Liam

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.