Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just wondering, who do you think will win best actor at the Oscars this year?

I think Cumberbatch but I haven't seen the Theory of Everything yet
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Keaton for Birdman.

ReputationRep:
    From the nominated actors I've seen so far, Keaton is hands down out in front in my opinion. I plan on seeing another couple of the other nominated films/actors this week, but it sounds like it's going to be Keaton or Redmayne.

ReputationRep:
    Keaton is the favourite but having seen all the films in the category, Eddie Redmayne deserves to win.

ReputationRep:
    Gyllenhall

...oh wait

I heard Oyelowo was awesome in Selma and didn't get nominated, but Bradley Cooper just walked in.

Birdman is overrated. It's far from a masterpiece. Kinda full of itself, pretentious. I gave it an 8/10 mainly because of Keaton, but Best Picture of 2014? Are you serious?! When I first saw it I thought "yep, this is a critics movie" and many reviews seem to agree.

ReputationRep:
    Not a lot of star power this year, in all of the main categories.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Not a lot of star power this year, in all of the main categories.
    Julieanne is nailed on to win in her category for Still Alice.

ReputationRep:
    obvs Leonardo DiCaprio

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.