Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's National Breakfast Week! What are you having? Watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    National Breakfast Week sounds like as good a reason as any to overindulge this weekend.

So what's your ultimate breakfast? Me, I'm going to be making American pancakes with whipped cream, blueberries and maple syrup, washed down with a strong coffee. Nom.

May I also recommend these tasty options from the TSR recipe book...

Quick omelette
    Bean and potato hash browns
    Scrambled eggs with chorizo and bacon
    Eggy bread
    Toast (Yup, there's a recipe for toast)

ReputationRep:
    Poached egg on toast

Sausage and egg "mc" muffin (my own version, I make sausagemeat into patties with oats)

good ol' bacon butty

Porridge
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)

Sausage and egg "mc" muffin (my own version, I make sausagemeat into patties with oats)
    This sounds GOOD

ReputationRep:
    Shredded wheat with raisins and a cup of peppermint tea XD I love peppermint tea!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't really eat breakfast myself. I tend to have porridge for lunch though because I'm a bad ass.

ReputationRep:
    I just had oats with buttermilk, cooked on the hob... Absolutely disgusting, the worst thing I've ever tasted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yogurt with granola.
    Maybe hot cross buns later in the week!

ReputationRep:
    Pancakes are my favourite, but I usually have cinammon porride (and occasionally with nutella, if there's a jar sitting in front of me)

ReputationRep:
    Just had Terrys chocolate orange with coffee :P

ReputationRep:
    I love that!! Although I haven't had that in ages.

I should suggest it at home.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Usually have weetabix and an orange. Today I pushed the boat out and replaced the orange with a muller corner
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Today I had a bowl of granola, followed by a banana, and now I'm eating some porridge.

My favourite breakfast though is pancakes.

ReputationRep:
    I was not aware of this week, one shall have what one always has before work (...at 4am)

Sliced chicken pieces with microwave egg fried/golden vegetable or pilau rice (or if I'm feeling flush, other fancy Tilda varieties)

Sliced chicken pieces in a bowl with JML pork shoulder, beef or chicken & mushroom instant noodles (JML are the best, Asian supermarket noodle offerings so good..)

Chicago town microwave pizza

If I'm so inclined (waking up a few mins earlier)...

..scrambled eggs on toast (3 eggs).

ReputationRep:
    Tend to chop up fruit and add oats.

ReputationRep:
    I have raisin bran cereal for breakfast everyday with almond milk. Keeps you regular :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Canned tuna fish and a couple of eggs, cooked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I have raisin bran cereal for breakfast everyday with almond milk. Keeps you regular :fyi:
    In my efforts to become more vegetarian i'm considering a move to Almond Milk myself. I fear that Milk is something i'd miss a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Today I had cornflakes with 150ml milk and blackcurrant flakes, and then two pieces of toast with peanut butter.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Always have cereal personally. Big fan of Special K, Shreddies or Shredded Wheat. Probably with a slice of toast and cup of coffee, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    In my efforts to become more vegetarian i'm considering a move to Almond Milk myself. I fear that Milk is something i'd miss a lot.
    I gotta say man, I hate the stuff! It doesn't compare to milk at all, it has a very odd taste, although I guess some people might like the taste, I do not. I'm just trying to lose weight. Give it a try though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.