Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My parents said that will kick me out because I didn't go to college today, using quite painful words for parents, they said that I can be kicked out just like a dog out of the house and this brought me some sad feelings. However, I'm doing good with my As, achieving good grades in the mock exams and I've got a recent report from the teachers in which no teachers mentioning anything bad for me all they say is that I'm working hard and to keep up doing exactly the same for the future, but my mom don't realise that. The only thing she sees is that I'm a bad guy who refuses to go to college, and I've haven't missed a single day since September, my attendance is 97% from which the 3% is due to being late for tutor time. I'm quite afriad as I have no where to go p, I'm 18 since September which makes the situation even worse as apparently I'm an adult so I can take care of myself but if they kick me out I have no where to go!!what can I do if that happens??

ReputationRep:
    Moved to relationships

ReputationRep:
    Er okay. Your parents sound weird. Anyway why did you miss college exactly? If you did bunk off college and your parents are being psychos about it, pretend to be extremely sorry, and promise that you will put in a lot more work from now on, and show off that you are studying when you are at home, have your nose in a textbook all the time. This is all for show. You will be out of your parents house into university quite soon. And then you can be free and do what the hell you want, its only one more year. Your parents don't care about your results so much, as I think they want to control you and your life.

ReputationRep:
    It's very strange that your parents are threatening to kick you out for reasons that are non-existent. Have you waved your grades and attendance record under their noses? Parents who love you would never threaten to do something like this, especially when you're still dependent on them and have nowhere to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ttony1)
    My parents said that will kick me out because I didn't go to college today, using quite painful words for parents, they said that I can be kicked out just like a dog out of the house and this brought me some sad feelings. However, I'm doing good with my As, achieving good grades in the mock exams and I've got a recent report from the teachers in which no teachers mentioning anything bad for me all they say is that I'm working hard and to keep up doing exactly the same for the future, but my mom don't realise that. The only thing she sees is that I'm a bad guy who refuses to go to college, and I've haven't missed a single day since September, my attendance is 97% from which the 3% is due to being late for tutor time. I'm quite afriad as I have no where to go p, I'm 18 since September which makes the situation even worse as apparently I'm an adult so I can take care of myself but if they kick me out I have no where to go!!what can I do if that happens??
    Welp.

Gotta be a big boy, Pinocchio and put on those big boy drawers. Go to a shelter if your parents refuse to forgive you. Pretend you are gay so you can get "help" because apparently being normal but in a ****ty situation gets you nowhere. Like I got kicked out and pretended I was preggers struggling with substance abuse Got a room easy :ahee:

Ok anyway lol

Yea so like A: try to convince your weird ass ****ty parents that you are a good son (if you are or aren't). Do extra stuff round the house. Make empty promises that you'll do this/that, be this/that.

If they refuse:

now is your character building experience. When you overcome homelessness. Pass on the wisdom you gain through this moment. :closedeyes:

(Original post by pocahontas lol)
    Welp.

Gotta be a big boy, Pinocchio and put on those big boy drawers. Go to a shelter if your parents refuse to forgive you. Pretend you are gay so you can get "help" because apparently being normal but in a ****ty situation gets you nowhere. Like I got kicked out and pretended I was preggers struggling with substance abuse Got a room easy :ahee:
    Errm... "being normal" and "pretended I was preggers struggling with substance abuse".

I don't even know where to begin.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Errm... "being normal" and "pretended I was preggers struggling with substance abuse".

I don't even know where to begin.

:facepalm:
    :curious:

UM EXCUSE ME!!!!

Come out from behind your anonymous ":facepalm:"

And yes genius.

Being pregnant and on drugs is a dire situation. As well as being kicked out because you are gay.

As opposed to:

"just some 18 yr old guy who's not working who got kicked out by Mommy." OP is a man; women and children mostly get shelters.

I meant "being normal" as in: not in a compelling enough situation to get a shelter. :kiss:

You misunderstand.

Neither of those are things someone should 'pretend' to be.

Plus, this sentence:

(Original post by pocahontas lol)
    Pretend you are gay so you can get "help" because apparently being normal but in a ****ty situation gets you nowhere.]
    reads like you're saying being gay means you're not 'normal', hence my previous comment

Life is full of ****** situations. At 18 it's time to deal with them. Old enough to get a house - privately rented, claim benefits if needed until employment or education has been secured. There's plenty of alternatives that don't involve lies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You misunderstand.

Neither of those are things someone should 'pretend' to be.

Plus, this sentence:

reads like you're saying being gay means you're not 'normal', hence my previous comment

Life is full of ****** situations. At 18 it's time to deal with them. Old enough to get a house - privately rented, claim benefits if needed until employment or education has been secured. There's plenty of alternatives that don't involve lies.
    Lmao don't try it. And don't ever tell me I am misunderstanding the fact that you "facepalmed" because YOU misunderstood ME. Now, to save face, you want to moan about stuff that you know wasn't part of your initial argument. I also refuse to argue with someone who is too chicken **** to talk under their name. :teehee: You misunderstood me, you lost, leave it and me alone :talkhand:

ReputationRep:
    ANYWAY OP:

you are in a tough spot. There aren't any "alternatives" which Mr. Anonymous pretended he cared about when he confronted me the first time.

You only have two options: convince them to keep you and not kick you out.

OR

make it on your own.

As you are not employed, you have no money.

As you have no money, you have nowhere to stay.

That means shelter.

Because you are a straight teenage man, there is a loooong list of "needy" people:

people who have been kicked out because they are gay, or

young women fleeing battery, or

teen moms, or

a druggie in need of hospice.
    You are neither.

So if you want to stay out in the winter cold OR get a room quick. Yes...it may be dark humor of mine but it is also something, as someone who has more than once needed an emergency shelter: you'll need to lie to get a room.

The homeless shelter business is NOT kind and generous. They are full of bureaucrats who hate their jobs and will turn people down in NEED OF SHELTER because they aren't in a dire enough situation. I am trying to help you kiddo. You will be HOMELESS. Homeless people have to be shifty just to get A ROOM. For the NIGHT.

If you were 16 you wouldn't have to lie. Just say you are 16. You are an adult now. And many people have "worse" situations than you. They are on drugs, gay, pregnant, battered. You are just a broke and presumably healthy young adult whose mommy told him to leave. Bureaucracy will most likely not be kind to you, sir. So there you go. Two options. Pick. God bless. Now I have hair dye to rinse out.

Lol goodnight. Chill out.

wow are your parents super strict? I've skipped quite a few lessons before and my parents didn't even find out even though my dad is at home at the time and my timetable is even hanging up on my wall - but they never even check and no matter how many times I tell them how many lessons I have or when I finish, they just don't seem to remember lol.

even though I do skip sometimes, however, I do have good grades so skipping one lesson from time to time doesn't affect my grades at all. hence why I don't see why your parents are also making such a big deal out of it.

ReputationRep:
    Have you and your parents had any disagreements prior? This seems like quite an overreaction. Why did you miss sixth firm btw?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I cant tell what the depth of the argument was like but i can say that I used to do things like not go school and not clean up and my mum would also say she wants me gone and what i used to do is just spend as much time away from her as possible saying as little as possible to her whilst in the same house so she begins to see what its like when your not around and tell her you decided to study at home for a day or something i mean it's going to be different the way bunking in your school is addressed but my school will let you off with a typical excuse as long as you are known as a hard worker when you are there and with someone who achieves A's and barely has a day off just ride it out mate you will be fine however if your parents are very strict and have already made there mind up about you being set on your way call the housing or council or .gov and explain that you are 18 currently in full time education and are being kicked out of your home and they will provide you with a hostel but it could be far from your college so i suggest not doing that if you have a choice.

ReputationRep:
    Tell someone at your college now. They have to have a member of staff trained to deal with these kinds of issues and they will be able to support you. Just make sure you talk to them now rather than waiting for it to happen. They won't act immediately without your permission but can help you with a plan. If youre 18 or under, the council will legally have to look after you, since you're still legally a child. It affords you a lot of protection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If your mother cared so much about your education then she wouldn't threaten that. Hopefully she's bluffing.

Tell someone at college anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem where I have to go to college to do English during the hoilday and I wanted to know can a college kick you off there course for not attending for one day. I'm doing a BETC course and I allways attend that my attendance for that is at least 97% so can I get kick off that course for not going English just for one day?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.