Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am 19 and have decided I want to study architect. I currently have only up to level 2 qualifications which do no consist of any art based subject, an A in Maths and D in English, both GCSE and an AAT level 2. I have looked into some btec courses but all of them requires a portfolio, which I do not have and have not got any experience in building one. I was wondering if there were any routes in which I can take to study architect, with consideration on fees?

You'll find guidance here: http://www.architecture.com/RIBA/Bec...architect.aspx

Ultimately, if you really want to study architecture you will need a portfolio - at least 50% of the course will be design projects. I'd suggest you do a one year Art Foundation course first.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.