Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    heyy,

Next week, our biology teacher told us that we have a Biology ISA evaluative task and it's on membranes but he has not told us anything or how to prepare for this ISA..

I'm really really stressing out about it... everyone is doing really badly in the isa's because our teacher gives them unexpectedly

whoever has done the isa, can you please tell me what to revise ... i know limitations etc, and how the proteins denature at high temperatures, but what else do i have to revise to be prepared for this ISA?

Please could someone tell me what to revise.. I've never felt so stressed before!

Thank youu!
    x

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    anyone??? please!!!!

ReputationRep:
    hello?

ReputationRep:
    is this as level?

Did you do the qualitative?

ReputationRep:
    In mine, there was a question on why more betalain is released at higher temperatures, how betalain gets from the cytoplasm to vacuole. Sorry for my terrible short memory but I hope that was of some help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stace_05)
    heyy,

Next week, our biology teacher told us that we have a Biology ISA evaluative task and it's on membranes but he has not told us anything or how to prepare for this ISA..

I'm really really stressing out about it... everyone is doing really badly in the isa's because our teacher gives them unexpectedly

whoever has done the isa, can you please tell me what to revise ... i know limitations etc, and how the proteins denature at high temperatures, but what else do i have to revise to be prepared for this ISA?

Please could someone tell me what to revise.. I've never felt so stressed before!

Thank youu!
    x
    Hey I have this evaluative too on monday and I really don't know whats going to come up :/ Can you remember any of the questions that came up?? I really need to do well on this :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hmht)
    Hey I have this evaluative too on monday and I really don't know whats going to come up :/ Can you remember any of the questions that came up?? I really need to do well on this :/

I did this one in October, so I can't fully remember.

but there is definitely a question on why betalain leaks out at higher temperatures.

you need to know two or three limitations. (discs aren't the same size... Etc.)

you need to describe trend, (general trend, data points. Gradient changes). Then explain trend.

just remember at higher temperatures, more kinetic energy, so the phospholipid bilayer has more fluidity. There are gaps for the betalain to leak out.

I did pretty much okay in this one. It's not that hard. Just know your stuff.

our teacher is making us do them all twice. Have any of you done the one with the effect of calcium ions on the coagulation of milk?

ReputationRep:
    I've got the quantative practical of beetroot on Friday and the evaluative the week after, is it really hard?
    Teacher's only letting us have one go at each until after the exams for some reason so this counts.. :/
    Bit worried!
    Thank you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kjs_14)
    I've got the quantative practical of beetroot on Friday and the evaluative the week after, is it really hard?
    Teacher's only letting us have one go at each until after the exams for some reason so this counts.. :/
    Bit worried!
    Thank you
    How did you Quantitative coursework go??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elhamm)
    How did you Quantitative coursework go??
    It went pretty well thanks, was better than expected! Got the evaluative this week which I think I'm going to be the worst at...not looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stace_05)
    hello?
    Hi If possible pls could u help us by giving us points on what came in the evaluative/quantative thanks

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what came up in the milk coagulation evaluative?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by jimmcd123)
    does anyone know what came up in the milk coagulation evaluative?
    No, I wish when is your eval??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.