The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

The Good Shepard
Do you reckon the intercollegiate pool actually takes place in a massive swimming pool, with all the admissions tutors in bikinis/speedos drinking martinis?????????

of course it does.
they have one of those big aqua floats aswell with obstacles on it to crawl through.
and around the pool are little pieces of paper with candidates names on. which are collected by tutors as they float by on lilos and inflatable wales.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
actually, now I think about it, I've never met a Cambridge professor who was a woman; Im sure they exist, but I haven't encountered them.

the swimsuit-clad pool is probably a bit of a flabby susuage-fest then. bah humbug.
oh well, the dream was alive for a minute :-(

Also, Im absolutely certain they float aroud on inflatable textbooks instead.
i was interviewed by all women!!

im off now night! x
Reply 483
Yes I'm afraid to say that's exactly what it's like, and believe me, with some of the tutors, it aint pretty.

As for nights out yeah, some go out and some don't. I can be a bit outgoing to so end up out about twice a week or more. Normally you can share a taxi back and it works out about £2 each, or alternatively you can still walk though wouldn't advise it alone. I generally have friends that I walk back with so providing the weather is agreeable it can be cool. If it's already 2am then 30 mins extra doesn't seem that much of a big deal. One of my best friends there doesn't even go to the uni and he lives half way between college and town so that's someone to walk home with, but yes, taxi is a perfectly viable option. Bikes are another option but not if you wanna ensure you're looking great by the time you get there. Am a bit of a bikophile though so tend to use it anyway.....
Heya - Distance is not a problem at all. 10min on bike to get to lectures is nothing and if ur not feeling that energetic the bus is 50p! On nights out you tend to go with a group of friends. Normally there are 7 or 8 of us who share a taxi home so it can be less than a pound each. Last taxi i got back from town in early hours only cost £6! Sometimes its a good laugh walking home after a night out too! Homerton is fab - just work hard with ur exams, its really worth it!

x
Reply 485
And yeah there's a lot of women. Too many for my liking actually. Frankly, having women in an academic institution is digusting.
Reply 486
PS that WAS tongue-in-cheek.

And hey Chloe!!! See you in a week woooooo!! :wink:
tone... ur cruisin for a bruisin!
Reply 488
Yeah, innit just.
do you know, the people who post in this specific thread are actually pretty much the most helpful apart from the moderators; makes me feel a lot better about the college I was given.

Cheers compadres!!!!!!!!!
Reply 490
LOL you should feel fine about the college. There's someone for everyone there anyway. We've been informed that we have recently overtaken Trinity as the largest college in Cambridge, with about 1400 or more students. I think there's around 200 freshers per year or around that mark so there'll defo be people to fit in with too.
Fabulous.

There will obviously be a shedload of different people there. You (judging from your picture) for example, seem to be an auditionee for baywatch and you're there. :smile: :wink: :biggrin:

Im sure it'll be fine :redface:
Reply 492
Are you suggesting I look like Pamela Anderson? Not sure I like these potential freshers...

Right for actual useful information, I have tracked down a general facebook group, if you search Cambridge Freshers 2008 you get a general group, and it has links to colleges and subject groups, although I didn't manage to locate a Homerton one yet. If any freshers-to-be ever need any help or questions answered feel free to add me to MSN mod edit: do not post your email.
hmmmmmmmm. its very possible that the last post was intepreted as a come-on, as opposed to a reference to his not wearing a shirt......

well, thats Homerton friendship number 1 blown!!!!!
May it be the first of many :rolleyes:
Reply 494
Yep. Don't you ever talk to me again you hear me?
Do you want a restraining order against me?

because Ive had so many now done now I've actually invented a program that mass-produces them. Just say the word.........
Reply 496
Nah I don't think that will be quite necessary, ASBO-kid lol :wink:
thats me down to a tee.

now if you excuse me, Im off to dream about tripping up Grannies and loitering in shoppping centres.

Peace out.
Reply 498
I got pooled for oriental studies!

I'm just worried because someone i know at cambridge said that you have less of a 'cambridge experience' when you go to a far away college.

Is that true?!

What are the plus sides of Homerton that offer colleges maybe lack?
Hi everyone, I've been pooled to Homerton for Biological NatSci :smile:

I doubt that you have less of a Cambridge experience, just a slightly different one. And it's impossible to compare that experience with one you would've had anyway.
But I don't really know anything about it!

So yeah, what are the good things about life at Homerton?

Latest

Trending

Trending