The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by Cast.Iron
Was anybody at the Homerton Open Day today? I was.

Hey sorry to butt in your college thread but how did you hear about the open day? I've heard nothing from my college about any.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Estuve
Yeah!! I was there, I'm a NatSciist and I'm not sure if I talked to any lawyers, but I really enjoyed seeing the college. I actually got a deferred offer from the pool last year, so it was good to finally see the place properly :P

I have to agree with all you said as well - the college itself is lovely, and all the other people I spoke to seemed perfectly sound as well. I can't wait to get there now. Roll on October!

Awesome. Yeah it was a Post-Offer Open Day purely for pooled applicants I think, as everybody I met was from the Pool. 5 out of 8 of next years Homerton lawyers are pooled applicants, including myself :smile:.

Indeed, the only turn off was the distance from the city and I suppose the bar was not great but the big library, accomodation and friendly atmosphere more than made up for it. Now just to get those grades :frown:.

Original post by lotpp
Hey sorry to butt in your college thread but how did you hear about the open day? I've heard nothing from my college about any.

We found out through letters upon receiving offers. Seeing as the Cambridge colleges are independently run, it is possible that your college may not have an Open Day. I know that Homerton and Newnham have them, but they take a lot of pooled applicants, which could be the reason.
Reply 1042

We found out through letters upon receiving offers. Seeing as the Cambridge colleges are independently run, it is possible that your college may not have an Open Day. I know that Homerton and Newnham have them, but they take a lot of pooled applicants, which could be the reason.

Ah right I guess my college will have one at a later date. By the way I came close to applying to Homerton and let me just say for what it's worth I really wouldn't let the distance put you off. If you were at practically any other Uni the Halls and main site are usually way more than the distance from Homerton to town.
Poke.
There's a Homerton facebook group for people with offers for 2011 :smile:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_220508184629819
Hi everybody,
I will almost surely be a Homerton student this fall, but it appears that there is a mistake with my Student's Finance application. Inthe decision letter it is written Fitzwilliam College, althought I have put Homerton in the application. Is this a mistake made by the people in Student's Finance or it should be that way.
Any other Homertonian TSRians around?
Any other Homertonian TSRians around?

Hello :hello:
Original post by ~Vicarious Daydreamer~
Hello :hello:

Hey :biggrin:.

Are you a current student or will you be a fresher in October?:biggrin:
Hey :biggrin:.

Are you a current student or will you be a fresher in October?:biggrin:

I will be a fresher in October :biggrin: I'm can't wait! Bought some cooking impliments yesterday in case I ever feel like cooking in those West House kitchens, except now it's just made me all the more impatient for Cambridge. You're going to be a fresher too right? Under five weeks to go!
Original post by ~Vicarious Daydreamer~
I will be a fresher in October :biggrin: I'm can't wait! Bought some cooking impliments yesterday in case I ever feel like cooking in those West House kitchens, except now it's just made me all the more impatient for Cambridge. You're going to be a fresher too right? Under five weeks to go!

Awesome, I will indeed be a fresher too :biggrin:. Yeah I should probably go shopping soon but I am waiting for some more information from the college. I just want to go now!
Reply 1051
where is the nearest gym to homerton (free preferably)?
Original post by U235XXX
where is the nearest gym to homerton (free preferably)?

I don't think that you're going to find a free gym. I heard somewhere that there's a gym at the nearby leisure park although I'm not sure of that.

The university gym is £40 for the year.
Yeah there's LA Fitness at the leisure park - it'll be a hell of a lot more than forty quid though! The uni gym is about twenty five minutes walk/five minute cycle away.
Original post by Daniel4389
Yeah there's LA Fitness at the leisure park - it'll be a hell of a lot more than forty quid though! The uni gym is about twenty five minutes walk/five minute cycle away.

It's only a five minute cycle away? That's awesome, I was expecting it to be further away.
I think my brother used to go to LA fitness, but he didnt really like that place though
Yayyyyyyyyy my UCAS went off today, I decided on Homerton! :biggrin:

Just quickly, in terms of the submitted written work, how long should it be?! Also typed/handwritten??

Can someone help :biggrin:
I've just applied for physical Nat Sci at Homerton. I'm trying to fill in my SAQ but I have no clue what to put in the how i've kept up my subect interest outside school/ anything else box as I think i've put everything in my personal statement! any suggestions would be great :smile:

I really hope I get an offer :biggrin:
Original post by carolinesteal
I've just applied for physical Nat Sci at Homerton. I'm trying to fill in my SAQ but I have no clue what to put in the how i've kept up my subect interest outside school/ anything else box as I think i've put everything in my personal statement! any suggestions would be great :smile:

I really hope I get an offer :biggrin:

I applied for geography, I haven't recieved my SAQ yet though! Would it be maybe like extra reading in books/newspapers/magazines?! Documentaries.. ? I am not sure :P ha work exp related ?
Yeah I think they mean extra reading/ work exp ect. Don't worry my friend hasn't got theirs yet. I think in the anything extra box im going to put why i like Homerton as its virtually impossible to get pooled from Homerton!

Latest

Trending

Trending