Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so my aqa french speaking exam is coming up but i don't know how the hell i'm suppose to pass like?

1. i can't even understand the questions
    2. i can't speak french
    3. i don't understand french

im' stressing so much and my teacher is saying "prepare" but how am i suppose to prepare when we don't even know what questions we are being asked?

i'm going to fail this and it's like 25% omg! anybody know ideas on how i can possibly get a B/C?

ReputationRep:
    There should be a list of questions/topics from your teacher. Collect those. Look at the markscheme. Write down a full answer for each question using your textbook, dictionary and websites for help. A full answer should only be enough to answer the q in the time you get, not a page for every answer. Make sure to use different tenses, add detail, give your opinion etc. Practice and memorise, but try to understand what you're learning. Try to give a good accent but accept it if it doesn't work out (not the most important part). . This is only for GCSE btw.

If you're struggling go and explain to your teacher. But if you're just panicking - it's not that bad, and it'll be over very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PardonMyFrench96)
    There should be a list of questions/topics from your teacher. Collect those. Write down a full answer for each question using your textbook, dictionary and websites for help. A full answer should only be enough to answer the q in the time you get, not a page for every answer. Make sure to use different tenses, add detail, give your opinion etc. Practice and memorise, but try to understand what you're learning. Try to give a good accent but accept it if it doesn't work out (not the most important part). This is only for GCSE btw.
    i jsut don't understand because we are doing our topic on "where we live" but their so many possible questions to that, how do you know which ones to revise and on the day they might not even ask you those questions anyway. I literally can't revise because i don't know what to revise. stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appazap)
    i jsut don't understand because we are doing our topic on "where we live" but their so many possible questions to that, how do you know which ones to revise and on the day they might not even ask you those questions anyway. I literally can't revise because i don't know what to revise. stress.
    How many questions?

If you're speaking assessment is 10-15 mins. Say you know your teachers going to ask you 4 questions. You'd probably need to speak about 3 ish mins for each, so write an answer for each question that fits that time bracket loosely. Time yourself to see what it actually is when you are speaking it in the exam. It's good if you have certain phrases up your sleev that you can add if it looks like you've spoken too little, e.g. 'a mon avis...'. If questions are really similar then you can combine them and answer both in one answer then in the exam just give the same answer for the question that comes up.

If you aren't given a list, ask your teacher for one? If they don't have one, look online for example questions or go through that chapter in your textbook and make questions that cover all of it - use those to prepare.

ReputationRep:
    learn answers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.