Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying Law as a First Year. In some of my modules, I'm getting low 2:2 like 52, and 54. My first piece of coursework I got 58. I'm worried i won't do well in my first year. Any body help?

ReputationRep:
    What sort of feedback are you getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzyeviel)
    What sort of feedback are you getting?
    In my first essay, they said I need to tighten up on my referencing but that was my highest mark. I got a 58.

ReputationRep:
    If you're getting 2:2 you should be getting more feedback than merely saying your referencing is not good.

Is your grammar good? How are you presenting/structuring your essays? Are you analyzing as much as you could? Maybe you're trying to get too much into your essays so you end up not covering stuff in detail.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    It's always worth seeing if your faculty has a mark scheme. There usually is one, outlining requirements for each grade.

Take as given that highest marks are awarded for application of Cases and Legislation (properly cited of course).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.