Men and Women can never simple be friends

Watch
thefreakoffreaks
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
*SIMPLY ^

It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them. The guy may be attracted to the woman or vice versa. (This is not my view/opinion)

thoughts?
C_tinie_D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I 100% agree, even though they may never act on on it, there will always be some sort of physical attraction, concious or not.
hugobristol1994
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No I think the opposite sex can just be friends, I am great friends with a couple of girls at work, we tell each other everything and get a house on fire, but there is no sexual chemistry there its more like a brother sister thing, as we have known each other for years.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No.
ironandwine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well what about people who are gay

and no, i don't agree, don't be daft
Spandy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree, upto a very small extent.
thefreakoffreaks
Rep:
?
(Original post by ironandwine)
well what about people who are gay

and no, i don't agree, don't be daft
I did not say i agree with this. I'm interesting in hearing other people's thoughts about this.
Eanzi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol is this still going around, in 2015
HarryDn
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
strong username to thread correlation

why does TSR have so many FAs? (srs)
Illegal Algebra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
True. I want to have sex with all women. Whenever any girl starts talking to me, all I can think about is how she looks like naked and how it would feel like to make love to her and hear the noises she makes, I imagine kissing her neck and touching her all over. So yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ccomp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thefreakoffreaks)
*SIMPLY ^

It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them. The guy may be attracted to the woman or vice versa.

thoughts?
I disagree with your statement but agree with it in a different way.

There is no always attraction between men and women. There is sometimes very slight attraction. In these scenarios there are no barriers to being friends.

If there is significant attraction by one side, it's not necessarily a problem unless the one party feels a dying need to act on it and ESPECIALLY if that is the attracted parties only aim, that will never work.

The biggest barrier pragmatically to men and women being friends that I have found is that it makes a partner jealous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thefreakoffreaks)
*SIMPLY ^

It is imposible for men and women to be 'just friends' as it has scientifically been proven that there will always be a phyical attraction between them. The guy may be attracted to the woman or vice versa.

thoughts?
Scientifically proven? You got proof?

It is a load of nonsense, plain and simple.
ilem
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No one is attracted to every single member of the opposite/same sex, therefore being friends at least some of the time is very much possible.
thefreakoffreaks
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Scientifically proven? You got proof?

It is a load of nonsense, plain and simple.
For the last time i do not agree with this and scientists have ACTUALLY proved this. i'm just curious in what people think.
BefuddledPenguin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm bisexual, by definition if your hypothesis was true I wouldn't have any friends.
bumblebee342
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it's ridiculous saying "men and women can't be friends" as if it's a fact and it's the same for everyone. One of my best friends is a guy and we see eachother as siblings - I have no feelings for him and I'm pretty sure he feels the same.

You're not attracted to everyone of the opposite sex, so I don't see why you can't just be friends with people
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm friends with some girls and I'm pretty sure we have no feelings for each other.
The Socktor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes they can.
c_k62
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
100% disagree from experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
bankonthis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
maybe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads