Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right i dont know where to start , i have applied for a job as a life guard i am 18 , but when i was 13 my mum had this bf , thay split he wanted to get back at her , got his daughter to say i did things got police involved it went to court in court the girl said what happend her dad told her to do it , it all got dropped , and now i am terrified i will fail the police check can any one help i am gratefull thanks alot ,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris2k)
    Right i dont know where to start , i have applied for a <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=job&v=55">job</a> as a life guard i am 18 , but when i was 13 my mum had this bf , thay split he wanted to get back at her , got his daughter to say i did things got police involved it went to court in court the girl said what happend her dad told her to do it , it all got dropped , and now i am terrified i will fail the police check can any one help i am gratefull thanks alot ,
    as it was a long time ago they will probably disregard any occurances that happened at the time

if you have a criminal record, they will take this into account and look for what it was for

ReputationRep:
    it was 5 years ago nearly 6 , everything got dropped at court , and i have never ever been charged or arrested for that matter for anything else , so as im aware i dont have a record

ReputationRep:
    it was 5 years ago nearly 6 , everything got dropped at court , and i have never ever been charged or arrested for that matter for anything else , so as im aware i dont have a record
    you should be absolutely fine!

ReputationRep:
    yeh but that was a sexual offence that he got his daughter to say i did , in court the truth came out what her dad told her to do and it all got dropped , so should i be alryte , and cheers for replys i appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    It depends on a)what the ofence is and b) how long ago it was committed.

If it was of a sexual nature then the CRB will discolse it to employers as certin jobs are unsutible for people with such convictions ..lifeguard being one of them as its working with kids and/or vunerable people.
    If its just like a parking conviction then it wouldnt matter. If your very worried then phone someone who may know more about it. Im sure someone here could point you in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but i was never convicted the truth came out in court and everything was dropped ,
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Yeh but i was never convicted the truth came out in court and everything was dropped ,
    So why not contact your future employer and disclose the details (and the fact that you were exonerated) to them voluntarily. That way if it shows up you're covered and if it doesn't show up you're still covered because you were aquitted.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    IIRC you're supposed to be given a chance to offer an explanation (in confidence obviously) if anything is flagged up that the employer is concerned about. I don't think they can just reject you on the grounds of a slightly iffy disclosure without some kind of negotations.
    True - but it makes you look more blameless/innocent if you're open and honest in advance rather than when you've been "caught out".

ReputationRep:
    ignore this post

<------ Idiot

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.