Police check for a career any one help

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Chris2k
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Right i dont know where to start , i have applied for a job as a life guard i am 18 , but when i was 13 my mum had this bf , thay split he wanted to get back at her , got his daughter to say i did things got police involved it went to court in court the girl said what happend her dad told her to do it , it all got dropped , and now i am terrified i will fail the police check can any one help i am gratefull thanks alot ,
DazzYaa7
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chris2k)
Right i dont know where to start , i have applied for a <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=job&v=55">job</a> as a life guard i am 18 , but when i was 13 my mum had this bf , thay split he wanted to get back at her , got his daughter to say i did things got police involved it went to court in court the girl said what happend her dad told her to do it , it all got dropped , and now i am terrified i will fail the police check can any one help i am gratefull thanks alot ,
as it was a long time ago they will probably disregard any occurances that happened at the time

if you have a criminal record, they will take this into account and look for what it was for
Chris2k
it was 5 years ago nearly 6 , everything got dropped at court , and i have never ever been charged or arrested for that matter for anything else , so as im aware i dont have a record
DazzYaa7
Report 16 years ago
it was 5 years ago nearly 6 , everything got dropped at court , and i have never ever been charged or arrested for that matter for anything else , so as im aware i dont have a record
you should be absolutely fine!
Chris2k
yeh but that was a sexual offence that he got his daughter to say i did , in court the truth came out what her dad told her to do and it all got dropped , so should i be alryte , and cheers for replys i appreciate it
Fairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It depends on a)what the ofence is and b) how long ago it was committed.

If it was of a sexual nature then the CRB will discolse it to employers as certin jobs are unsutible for people with such convictions ..lifeguard being one of them as its working with kids and/or vunerable people.
If its just like a parking conviction then it wouldnt matter. If your very worried then phone someone who may know more about it. Im sure someone here could point you in the right direction.
Chris2k
Yeh but i was never convicted the truth came out in court and everything was dropped ,
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh but i was never convicted the truth came out in court and everything was dropped ,
So why not contact your future employer and disclose the details (and the fact that you were exonerated) to them voluntarily. That way if it shows up you're covered and if it doesn't show up you're still covered because you were aquitted.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
IIRC you're supposed to be given a chance to offer an explanation (in confidence obviously) if anything is flagged up that the employer is concerned about. I don't think they can just reject you on the grounds of a slightly iffy disclosure without some kind of negotations.
True - but it makes you look more blameless/innocent if you're open and honest in advance rather than when you've been "caught out".
Memento
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ignore this post

<------ Idiot
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (42)
7.68%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (43)
7.86%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (131)
23.95%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (75)
13.71%
No, nothing has changed (169)
30.9%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (87)
15.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed