Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

okay so I'm really interested in fashion desgn and graphic desgn and would probably want to persue one of those for my career, but you need GCSE art for both. Or at least it's preferred a lot more by employers.

But I don't really know if I'm GCSE standard at art, I'm good enough for either of those carers as they don't need you to be amazing but just not absolutely rubbish at drawing so I don't know whether i should do GCSE art.

Sorry this is long, but anyway, so basically what I'm asking is, anyone who's done srt, is it full of naturally gifted people, do you need to be amazing at art to do well, and is it a lot of work because I've heard that there's a LOT of course work involved but i don't know.

What art subjects are available at your school? Art and Design GCSE (as well as Art and Design BTEC, which I did) has a mix of both 2D and 3D art topics, so you don't necessarily have to be amazing at drawing to produce good work, because you may end up making a hat or something similar as your final piece. For fashion design specifically, you might want to take Textiles instead. The only truly drawing-heavy GCSE is Graphics.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.