Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I'm a year 10 student studying for my gcse and I'm really scared about doing them in year 11 (I know it sounds silly) as I'm so close to doing them.
    The subject I find hardest is maths,I got a 4a in primary school but I'm trying my best to push my grade up,currently working at a C/B grade.
    Can anyone here give me some advice on how to do well in my gcse?
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Revise, ask for more homework, ask your teacher if she has time to help 1v1 work if you're struggling. It does sound nerdy however you won't regret it! I bet 9/10 would say they would of tried harder in school if they had the chance, including me haha, I came out with 3b's 5c's 2d's. Just try as hard as you can! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    First of all, make a revision timetable for every subject either separate or all in one. Spread it out, don't make it too congested and difficult. Make it enjoyable, after all you have to revise at one time, do it now less pressure in year 11. Ask for more help from teachers, ask for homework, 1-1 sessions, boosters if possible. Revise from the internet, buy revision guides or books or CDs. Don't miss any opportunity that could sort your life out for you. Every opportunity it a stepping stone, either you fall or carry on, fail or succeed, all actions count and have equal consequences. Hopefully you'll pass, but you have to work hard, everyone does. Sounds rude, but it's just motivation summarised in facts.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, I can help you in maths anytime you want to whether it's day or night, I'll try to help you. I'm aware or have learnt most gcse maths topics so I am happy to help you in them and I'm quite good at it, taking it in june, in year 10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your help and advice guys,I really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I was an A-Level student studying AS subjects at my local Post 16 centre. At first I found it challenging to take the information I was given from my tutors and textbooks into a way that I could revise. I am offering students my support and guidance throughout their studies to provide them with tips on how to revise and how to fit revision and studying into their daily routine.

If you are interested in some help them please let me know I would love to help you with your studies. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,

Emelia

ReputationRep:
    I find maths challenging too but the best thing is to do lots of practice questions because applying the formulas helps me to understand the work so even if I don't quite get it in class, I go over it a lot until it makes sense. My maths teacher's quite good so she help's me at lunchtime if I am really stuck with something.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.