Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Former teacher and ex pupil? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm just want to know if this is okay?
    I'm 17 (18 this dec) and my old teacher emailed me from her person email? I was wondering if this is okay don't get me wrong I love it is me and her were pretty close!! I'm just asking as I really don't wanna get her into trouble so is this aloud we haven't got each other on fb it's just email? So please help me??!
    I'm female she's female! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I email my old teachers from and to their personal accounts and have done since the age of about 17.

I'm now a teacher myself and can't say I would have a massive issue with the odd ex-pupil knowing my personal email address. Depends what you are implying about your relationship, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks well I did like her in that way your not aloud but now I see her as more as a friend I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it can be against the rules of your school, but I wouldn't see anything too wrong with it I've been in contact with male teachers since leaving school (and I'm female) I still wouldn't see anything wrong with it, the relationships have never been anything but friendly

ReputationRep:
    Thanks yes we're only friendly lol I wouldn't even dream on acting on her!! Totally irresponsible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in contact with quite a few of my old teachers. It's natural to form a bond, especially if they were present for much of your schooling life.
    Legally, it's fine. And don't feel bad - it's human nature to want to keep in contact. As long as you're not doing anything that might harm your previous schools reputation (which I very much doubt you are) I can't see a problem with it.
    Besides, if there was something to worry about I'm sure the teacher would stop contacting you as she wouldn't want to lose her job.
    So in short, no - you're not doing anything wrong.

Have a nice day!

ReputationRep:
    Heya,
    One of my old teachers has moved off, and we catch up via email maybe once a month or so. She's helped me through some pretty tough times despite how far away she is and she's a lovely woman. Our school policy is 18 for adding friends on facebook, and she's invited me to do so when I am (youngest in my year is pretty irritating). It's totally legally fine and she obviously wants to remain in contact with you. However stuff like meeting up you need to be careful with. Policy-wise again *sighs* it's something like you're not allowed proper contact until 23 or something ridiculous. Not happening haha. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Haha okay thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.