The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

oh lol I was right then, must have misread the mark scheme :smile:
I didnt know loose policy was synonymic of expansionary.
Original post by Curtis1234
I didnt know loose policy was synonymic of expansionary.

And just to let you know tight can be used as a synonym for contractionary policies

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be this year, for an A or B ?
Reply 624
Original post by Billylstone
What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be this year, for an A or B ?

It's hard to know. Earlier I predicted that the grade boundaries will be similar to those from Jan 2013 based on roughly how hard people think it was but it's about as accurate as a horoscope.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What could be 5 and 12 markers this year for Econ2?
Original post by SamCricket1
What could be 5 and 12 markers this year for Econ2?

I'm not sure specifically, but my teacher has said either unemployment or inflation is likely to come up generally.

How's everyone prep and multiple choice going?
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lollipopsftw
I'm not sure specifically, but my teacher has said either unemployment or inflation is likely to come up generally.

How's everyone prep and multiple choice going?
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Econ 2, I keep getting 20/25. I have run out of pastpapers to do.
For Econ 2, I keep getting 20/25. I have run out of pastpapers to do.

You could have a go at the Econ 2 questions for the new specification that starts next year, there are only 20 but they're quite similar to current questions.
anyone have any ideas of what the 5,12 or 25 marker will be on ?
Reply 630
Can anyone describe the adv and disadv of fiscal, monetary and supply side policies please.
Guys, for the microeconomics context 1 25 marker. Did the question say such as? If it did then it doesn't matter how many of the market failures you include;p
Original post by KimberlyKumar
GUYSS LISTEN UPPP THIS CAN BE HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE, does anyone have the current statistics that are needed for the exam. The current stats for unemployment, inflation, economic growth. By using these stats in the exam you can score higher marks so please post them up on here because I have looked everywhere and I cant find anything. I know that the current inflation rate in 0%.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke6hwpgjzie3jgu/Key%20Indicators%20for%20the%20UK%20Economy.docx?dl=0 Check that link it has all the current statistics.
Original post by Johnny98
Guys, for the microeconomics context 1 25 marker. Did the question say such as? If it did then it doesn't matter how many of the market failures you include;p

Yes it said such as monopolies, inequalities and negative externality.
however it said reference to extract c but I based it solely on the negative externality from extract b which was gambling.
Yes it said such as monopolies, inequalities and negative externality.
however it said reference to extract c but I based it solely on the negative externality from extract b which was gambling.

Lol I forgot to talk about gambling just demerit good and cigerettes as an example.
Original post by Johnny98
Lol I forgot to talk about gambling just demerit good and cigerettes as an example.

were they in either extracts?
were they in either extracts?

Nope
Who else isn't ready for macro? Any predictions on what the 25 marker is on? :smile:
Original post by totabatouta
Who else isn't ready for macro? Any predictions on what the 25 marker is on? :smile:

Same :colondollar:
I think maybe supply-side policies to control inflation?
Original post by Nicole_Streakyy
Same :colondollar:
I think maybe supply-side policies to control inflation?

Hmm, interesting. Not sure how I'd answer that one...

Quick Reply