Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would be the best phone for me? How can i convince my parents to contribute? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ive had my mobile phone for a good 3 years(Its a samsung galaxy young-so a bit outdated) now.Im 17 and im currently doing my alevels.How can i get a new phone? I currently have £140 atm which phone would be cheaper HTC,Samsung or Sony? I definitely need a front camera too.I need a decent amount of gig too since I want to download snapchat,whatsapp,facebook and music on my phone.

How can i convince my strict parents to contribute some money to a new mobile phone.I rarely ask them for anything,the last thing i asked for was fifa14(when it came out) apart from that i haven't really asked for anything.During christmas my dad gave me £100 and my mum couldnt give me anything because she is offsick and currently unable to walk for long periods of time...

ReputationRep:
    Your 17 years old, save up money or get a part time job it's your phone not theirs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Knight)
    Your 17 years old, save up money or get a part time job it's your phone not theirs
    aint got time for a part time job atm i have homework everyday and i cant really save up money since i dont get pocket money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    Ive had my mobile phone for a good 3 years(Its a samsung galaxy young-so a bit outdated) now.Im 17 and im currently doing my alevels.How can i get a new phone? I currently have £140 atm which phone would be cheaper HTC,Samsung or Sony? I definitely need a front camera too.I need a decent amount of gig too since I want to download snapchat,whatsapp,facebook and music on my phone.

How can i convince my strict parents to contribute some money to a new mobile phone.I rarely ask them for anything,the last thing i asked for was fifa14(when it came out) apart from that i haven't really asked for anything.During christmas my dad gave me £100 and my mum couldnt give me anything because she is offsick and currently unable to walk for long periods of time...
    I say check HotUKDeals for offers.........also check CPW pay as you go upgrade program

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't get anything other than an Iphone, I've had my 4s for like 3years I think, seriously I use it day in day out, jailbraking is so much fun and adds more features than an android

Plus an iphone 4s is only £120 Which is cheap compared to when I bought it (£250!!)

I would personally go for a 5 or 5s (depending on the price) but it's nice to have a more future proof phone

And then add £10 PAYG top-up so you have calls/texts/ and internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    I say check HotUKDeals for offers.........also check CPW pay as you go upgrade program
    Can you explain cow in detail and are you sure hotukdeals works?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
    I wouldn't get anything other than an Iphone, I've had my 4s for like 3years I think, seriously I use it day in day out, jailbraking is so much fun and adds more features than an android

Plus an iphone 4s is only £120 Which is cheap compared to when I bought it (£250!!)

I would personally go for a 5 or 5s (depending on the price) but it's nice to have a more future proof phone

And then add £10 PAYG top-up so you have calls/texts/ and internet
    um anything else apart from the iphone...cuz i have quite a few friends who reccomend i dont get one...

ReputationRep:
    Can you explain cow in detail and are you sure hotukdeals works?
    Generally does.......just users posting any deals they find, this is why when a offer comes out, it goes right out of stock because people share it on HotUKDeals. There's a link, no need to sign up or anything unless you want post deals or comment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Generally does.......just users posting any deals they find, this is why when a offer comes out, it goes right out of stock because people share it on HotUKDeals. There's a link, no need to sign up or anything unless you want post deals or comment.

dont really feel comfortable using that...

ReputationRep:

If you're looking for an Android in the region of £100 the Moto G is the best thing around at the moment. :yep:

As for iPhones, I'd recommend looking at a used 5 or 5c, it's still a good supported phone and they're starting at about £150 on Amazon at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Lol seriously? It just has links to webaites of usually big companies who currently have deals on products. You then buy it like you would do normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the below......nothing dodgy, the ones with the high degree usually mean nothings dodgy. Any dodgy stuff is removed, its a moderated site.

(Original post by midgemeister7)
    Lol seriously? It just has links to webaites of usually big companies who currently have deals on products. You then buy it like you would do normally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You will have to stick with what you have got. There are no guarantees in life. Your parents have paid for your upbringing all your life and you are still being cared for. Stop being selfish! Like the others have said - find a job. I have a job and I go to university and have to study every day - it is called time management and organisation. I am not meaning to be harsh but think of your parents before you think of yourself.. Over a phone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The moto G and moto X are very affordable from around £100+ and are very good price to performamce and of good quality.

Just a suggestion

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.