Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

i had an interview a few weeks ago for a gap year placement and on Tuesday I recieved an email of rejection. I thanked the person for their help and advice however I really wanted this placement. Should I email again and just thank them again and say that if anyone drops out, could you email me please? If so, how should I write it?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IK97)
    Hi everyone!

i had an interview a few weeks ago for a gap year placement and on Tuesday I received an email of rejection. I thanked the person for their help and advice however I really wanted this placement. Should I email again and just thank them again and say that if anyone drops out, could you email me please? If so, how should I write it?

thanks!
    I personally don't think that's a good idea tbh, because usually they let you know if they're putting you on a back up list in case of drop outs. You can try I suppose I just don't think it will work, and maybe you'll look desperate?

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuitu56)
    I personally don't think that's a good idea tbh, because usually they let you know if they're putting you on a back up list in case of drop outs. You can try I suppose I just don't think it will work, and maybe you'll look desperate?

Hope this helps!
    Hey thanks for your reply!

I was initially rejected first but they said they were gonna ask for some more places and if they got those, they'd put me
    On but that didn't work so they emailed me saying you have been unsuccessful :/

I just don't want to loose this opportunity if someone else drops out if you know what I mean? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IK97)
    Hey thanks for your reply!

I was initially rejected first but they said they were gonna ask for some more places and if they got those, they'd put me
    On but that didn't work so they emailed me saying you have been unsuccessful :/

I just don't want to loose this opportunity if someone else drops out if you know what I mean? :/
    It just sounds like the fact that they got back to you to say you were unsuccessful shows they have filled their quota.

I doubt that many will drop out as all the applicants mush want the placement otherwise they wouldn't have applied, you know?

I'm sure in the unlikely case that someone drops out, they have a procedure that they follow, such as picking the next best applicant or something. And who knows, that might be you! I just don't think emailing them that you're still interested will make a difference, as surely they will assume all those that applied are interested?

If it would make you feel better though, you can email them. I don't see how it will affect your chances

ReputationRep:
    Hmm :// I get what you're saying

If I was to email, how should I go about it?

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IK97)
    Hmm :// I get what you're saying

If I was to email, how should I go about it?

Thank you!!
    Hmm, well if all your previous emails have been informal, stay informal (and vice versa) but that's quite obvious. I'm sorry I can't think of any specific advice

Maybe just keep it brief, no need to waffle on.

ReputationRep:
    If this is for the programme that Pinsent Masons run then it won't work. If someone drops out last minute they will just go ahead without that person as there is no necessity for them to have X number of people on the programme. (Did the programme last year at their London office)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.