ReputationRep:
    I'm studying... English Literature, History, and Religious Studies at A level

I'm interested in... English Literature at uni! Dogs, reading, diabetes

My study level is... A-level (A2)

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I'm currently a GCSE student and interested in taking RS and English Lit at A-Level!
    Initially, I wasn't sure on whether I'd study English Lit or Lang but a bit of researched told me that universities prefer literature. However, I'm now torn on whether to study RS or Philosophy. They both seem quite similar. Were you also interested in Philosophy? What's it like studying RS, is it hard at the moment?

P.S. Sorry for the bombardment of questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenOfSheba)
    Hey
    I'm currently a GCSE student and interested in taking RS and English Lit at A-Level!
    Initially, I wasn't sure on whether I'd study English Lit or Lang but a bit of researched told me that universities prefer literature. However, I'm now torn on whether to study RS or Philosophy. They both seem quite similar. Were you also interested in Philosophy? What's it like studying RS, is it hard at the moment?

P.S. Sorry for the bombardment of questions.
    No Problem!

English Lit at A level is fantastic and I really, really enjoy it - to the point where I'm doing English Lit at degree level, so consider me biased

I never got the choice between RS and Philosophy. We do Philosophy and Ethics units, and the Philosophy side is definitely my favourite. The course is generally good, the grades are much easier to achieve than in subjects such as English and History - although the AS exam on my board was 3 hours long.

The content at AS is quite large but the essays are really easy to write, in short. A2 is the same really - finding it very manageable and so much easier than my other subjects. Would recommend it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.