The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Zoology 2015

Hi everybody! I'm desperately trying to find a thread dedicated specifically to applicants for zoology at the university of Sussex 2015.
I couldn't find one, so... I started one myself!
Is anyone else planning on firming Sussex?! Would just be nice to say hi to everyone so maybe we won't all be complete strangers in September :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: was anybody else at the applicant day on Saturday the 24th Jan?
If you are planning on going to Sussex, where do you come from and why did you choose Sussex? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by emmalawrenson
Hi everybody! I'm desperately trying to find a thread dedicated specifically to applicants for zoology at the university of Sussex 2015.
Is anyone else planning on firming Sussex?! Would just be nice to say hi to everyone so maybe we won't all be complete strangers in September :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: was anybody else at the applicant day on Saturday the 24th Jan?
If you are planning on going to Sussex, where do you come from and why did you choose Sussex? :smile:

Hi! Yeh I think I'm probably going to firm sussex. I was at the applicant day on the 24th! :smile: I live near bristol. I like the atmosphere of the campus and brighton as a whole and the course looks really interesting. Where else have you applied? :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by emmabea
Hi! Yeh I think I'm probably going to firm sussex. I was at the applicant day on the 24th! :smile: I live near bristol. I like the atmosphere of the campus and brighton as a whole and the course looks really interesting. Where else have you applied? :smile:

Awesome! don't you think the lecturers were really good?
I'm from Stratford upon Avon :smile:
Yeah same here, the course is so good compared to some others, I thought the paleozoology sounded awesome as I love dinosaurs haha.
I've applied to Glasgow, Liverpool, and Liverpool John Moores. (Have offers from all- Bristol rejected me lol!) how about you?
But yeah I think Sussex is for sure my favourite :smile:
Reply 3
Awesome! don't you think the lecturers were really good?
I'm from Stratford upon Avon :smile:
Yeah same here, the course is so good compared to some others, I thought the paleozoology sounded awesome as I love dinosaurs haha.
I've applied to Glasgow, Liverpool, and Liverpool John Moores. (Have offers from all- Bristol rejected me lol!) how about you?
But yeah I think Sussex is for sure my favourite :smile:

Yeh, I thought the bee talk was really interesting:smile: Woah that's quite a long way away!
Aww stupid bristol!! :frown: Ive applied to Exeter, Reading, Royal Holloway and Plymouth, and have offers from all of them so I'm really pleased!! Sussex is definitely my top aswell. What do you think your insurance will be?
Original post by emmabea
Yeh, I thought the bee talk was really interesting:smile: Woah that's quite a long way away!
Aww stupid bristol!! :frown: Ive applied to Exeter, Reading, Royal Holloway and Plymouth, and have offers from all of them so I'm really pleased!! Sussex is definitely my top aswell. What do you think your insurance will be?

It was yeah, I know haha!
Well done, I thought about applying to royal holloway!
I reckon Liverpool John Moores will be my insurance as it's the only one with a lower offer than Sussex and it has the next most interesting course too :smile: how about you?
Reply 5
It was yeah, I know haha!
Well done, I thought about applying to royal holloway!
I reckon Liverpool John Moores will be my insurance as it's the only one with a lower offer than Sussex and it has the next most interesting course too :smile: how about you?

Yeh I really like royal holloway! But royal holloway has the same offer as sussex so I think I'll probably put plymouth as my insurance as it's got a much lower offer!! :smile: I was surprised that there were so few people at the applicant day for zoology last week, I suppose it's still early though.
Original post by emmabea
Yeh I really like royal holloway! But royal holloway has the same offer as sussex so I think I'll probably put plymouth as my insurance as it's got a much lower offer!! :smile: I was surprised that there were so few people at the applicant day for zoology last week, I suppose it's still early though.

I thought that too! There is another applicant day this month too so maybe there will be more people at that one...
It's good that there isn't loads though, gives us a better chance :wink:
Hi! Nice to meet you both. :smile: I also applied for Zoology 2015 at Sussex. I come from Berkshire area and chose Sussex because my dad studied (open-uni) there years ago and really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for beautiful nature so I fell in love with the fact that Sussex Uni has the South Downs National park right on its doorstep.
My main reason for applying to go to uni overall is for the experience - learn more about others and chosen subject, gain some confidence and independence, and hopefully some new friends too!

I've been on edge about receiving an offer/decline for months - sounds like you received an offer OP? If you have, congrats! Good luck/congrats with the offer to other Emma also!

Hoping to hear from them soon. I think I will receive a late response because I am applying a few years later than I could have done and am now in work, so I guess it would make sense for them to contact people currently in their last year of education first.

I'm really nervous about the prospect of going, but also of not going if that makes sense? Haha!
Original post by shadowshy
Hi! Nice to meet you both. :smile: I also applied for Zoology 2015 at Sussex. I come from Berkshire area and chose Sussex because my dad studied (open-uni) there years ago and really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for beautiful nature so I fell in love with the fact that Sussex Uni has the South Downs National park right on its doorstep.
My main reason for applying to go to uni overall is for the experience - learn more about others and chosen subject, gain some confidence and independence, and hopefully some new friends too!

I've been on edge about receiving an offer/decline for months - sounds like you received an offer OP? If you have, congrats! Good luck/congrats with the offer to other Emma also!

Hoping to hear from them soon. I think I will receive a late response because I am applying a few years later than I could have done and am now in work, so I guess it would make sense for them to contact people currently in their last year of education first.

I'm really nervous about the prospect of going, but also of not going if that makes sense? Haha!

I have received an offer yes, Thankyou so much! Good luck, I definitely agree about the fact they're probably taking longer for you if you're a late applicant.
Plus if you get an offer it will be unconditional so it's different altogether :smile:

Good luck and hope to see you in September!

Hi!
My name is Charlotte, and I was on the applicant day!
I chose Sussex because the course content looked sooo good - especaily the trip to Equdor :biggrin:
I chose Sussex after visiting multiple universities over my gap year - the campus is absolutely beautiful andd the atmosphere seemed really nice!

Which accomodation would you be looking at applying for?! I've heard good & bad things about all the options!?
Reply 10
I got an offer for Zoology at Sussex too. I chose it because I heard it was a great uni and the teachers seem really nice. I'm going to the applicant's day on the 28th of feb and im so excited! Anyone coming?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, im rhiannon, I have an unconditional from sussex for zoology but I can't decide between there or reading uni! So will be there on the 28th to help me decide!
Hey again, just an update to say that I did get an offer from Sussex! :smile:
My parents really want to come to the Applicant Day haha, are they supposed to come?
I'm nervous about the Applicant Day now! I went to Open Day, it sounds like a similar thing...I wanted to ask here, what's it like? Worth going, do you think?
Reply 13
My parents really want to come to the Applicant Day haha, are they supposed to come?
I'm nervous about the Applicant Day now! I went to Open Day, it sounds like a similar thing...I wanted to ask here, what's it like? Worth going, do you think?

Well done!! Yeh your parents can come, mine did. There are some talks that your parents can go to when you're having your subject talks. I went to an open day aswell and it was quite similar but I think at the applicant day you get a better feel of the course and you get more information. I think it is a good idea to go to the applicant day as the teachers were helpful and the lab experiment was fun, you can really feel how it would be like to go there. Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 14

Hi! congratulations on your offer! I'm going to the applicant day on the 28th and I'm bringing my sister with me but I think it's really up to your parents if they want to see the uni or not :smile: I think it'll be better if you have someone with you so they can give you advice if you're still unsure of which uni to firm.
Reply 15
Original post by rhiannoni96
Hey, im rhiannon, I have an unconditional from sussex for zoology but I can't decide between there or reading uni! So will be there on the 28th to help me decide!

I'm also torn between my other offers and sussex tbh so see you there rhiannon! :smile:
Original post by emmabea
Well done!! Yeh your parents can come, mine did. There are some talks that your parents can go to when you're having your subject talks. I went to an open day aswell and it was quite similar but I think at the applicant day you get a better feel of the course and you get more information. I think it is a good idea to go to the applicant day as the teachers were helpful and the lab experiment was fun, you can really feel how it would be like to go there. Hope this helps! :smile:

Original post by xotwiggy
Hi! congratulations on your offer! I'm going to the applicant day on the 28th and I'm bringing my sister with me but I think it's really up to your parents if they want to see the uni or not :smile: I think it'll be better if you have someone with you so they can give you advice if you're still unsure of which uni to firm.

Thank you both for your responses! :smile:
I just got my conditional offer a week ago,
I still can't decide between zoology at sussex or veterinary nursing at RVC. Sussex/Brighton looks amazing and the course looks great, but I'm a little worried about post-graduate employability because i'm pretty much guarenteed a job with the vet nursing degree! Anyone else thinking about potential careers? Also, what was the exact offer you received??
Reply 18
Hi Rhiannon,
Would love to know whether you decided on Sussex or Reading (and why). I have an unconditional offer from Reading (I deferred last year at the last minute) but am now not so sure about whether to go there or to try to get into Sussex via clearing (couldn't apply directly without turning down my place in Reading and didn't want to end up with no-where). I really liked Reading but have friends at Sussex who love it there and now I'm not sure if I made the right choice.
Lizzie
Original post by LizzieA
Hi Rhiannon,
Would love to know whether you decided on Sussex or Reading (and why). I have an unconditional offer from Reading (I deferred last year at the last minute) but am now not so sure about whether to go there or to try to get into Sussex via clearing (couldn't apply directly without turning down my place in Reading and didn't want to end up with no-where). I really liked Reading but have friends at Sussex who love it there and now I'm not sure if I made the right choice.
Lizzie

Hey :smile: I'm not 100% sure yet but I think I'm going to go with reading. I'm going to the offer holder day on the 21st so we'll see! I went to sussex a couple of weeks ago and left before the talks even started. Personally, I thought the campus was disgusting. The amount of litter everywhere just made me think. I couldn't really see myself there. I know I shouldn't base my decision on that but it just didn't feel 'right.' I have friends at reading who say they wouldn't change it for the world. But I think it completely depends on you. When I visited reading a while ago, I loved it, and I think I could see myself there. Plus, I have a few 'issues' haha and the student support at reading seemed so much nicer than those at sussex. But might not be relevant for you!!
As for the course, sussex did look amazing, but tbh there isn't much difference between the modules there and reading. At sussex last year they told me that zoology was a new course starting in 2015 and I worried that it wouldn't be tried and tested.
I am pretty anxious about going to uni and reading just felt 'better.' I hope i've been a bit helpful and I'd love to know what you think, and what you decide! Good luck!
Rhiannon :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending