Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any good anime titles as suggestions? I've been watching a lot of action and romance lately and i've seen most of the mainstream ones...

ReputationRep:
    when im browsing for anime, i use this tool.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...a/search/genre

just tick the boxes you want and search...

heres some completely random picks:

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
    code geas
    ano hana
    FLCL
    steins;gate

ReputationRep:
    This is copied from when I answered a post asking for romance/comedy anime:

kaichou wa maid sama, lovely complex, kamisama hajimemash*ta, angel beats, clannad, amnesia, ao haru ride, hotarubi no mori e (movie), inu x boku ss, kimi ni todoke, kuragehime, ouran highschool host club, sakurasou, skip beat, special a, say i love you, tonari no kaibutsu-kun, toradora, uragiri wa boku no namae wo sh*tteiru, yahari ore no seishun love com wa machigatteiru and yamato nadeshiko shichihenge are a few of my favourites{:

ReputationRep:
    Tokyo ghoul is one of the best anime's of 14. Check it out

ReputationRep:
    Dragon Ball Z.
    Fights can drag on a bit but if you give it a chance, you'll fall in love with the show.

Also Attack on Titans is supposed to be the new big hit anime show. Didn't like the first episode much myself tbh

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the suggestions guys... I found some good ones in your suggestions that i'd like to watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raysorb)
    Tokyo ghoul is one of the best anime's of 14. Check it out
    Yaaas!! Its the life with parasyte and naruto

ReputationRep:
    I just completed Fate stay Zero and gonna wait for second season of Fate stay Night which is ocming in April. And I've got to tell you, The series is just amazing <3. Fate stay night unlimited bladeworks has such polished animations and the fight scenes are so intense dam. You can even try that.

Here's a fight scene - (Ep 3 Not any plot spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP4BriB-9hw

ReputationRep:
    Planetes.
    Daughters of Mnemosyne (ecchi, but still SFW).

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna watch fate/stay night but it's kinda long compared to the others on my list so i'm leaving it for later on... Then again, i have been watching naruto for ages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VannR)
    Planetes.
    Daughters of Mnemosyne (ecchi, but still SFW).
    I have already seen daughters of mnemosyne... It was pretty awesome

ReputationRep:
    Nanatsu no Taizai, Log Horizon...

ReputationRep:
    I'm up to date with log horizon... I actually just watched today's episode...

I have heard of the seven deadly sins but never watched it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Kill la Kill is amazing but mainstream so you may have seen it.

Madoka Magica is a good one for feels but again, main stream.

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is like Madoka but less mainstream.

Gonna be the Twintail is a good one for comedy and action.

Heartcatch Precure is a really good more traditional magical girl one.

Yona of the Dawn is epic. It's about a princess who turns bad ass after having to flee from her castle after witnessing her father be murdered by her cousin. Lots of action, good setting and an interesting story line.

I find Sailor Moon Crystal to be good however I know a lot of the older anime's fans dislike it. It's good because it cuts out all the filler plus is more modern.

I presume you've seen Death Note

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberry68)
    Kill la Kill is amazing but mainstream so you may have seen it.

Madoka Magica is a good one for feels but again, main stream.

Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is like Madoka but less mainstream.

Gonna be the Twintail is a good one for comedy and action.

Heartcatch Precure is a really good more traditional magical girl one.

Yona of the Dawn is epic. It's about a princess who turns bad ass after having to flee from her castle after witnessing her father be murdered by her cousin. Lots of action, good setting and an interesting story line.

I find Sailor Moon Crystal to be good however I know a lot of the older anime's fans dislike it. It's good because it cuts out all the filler plus is more modern.

I presume you've seen Death Note
    I have seen death note but I haven't seen the others...

I also heard about madoka magica ages ago but I forgot about its name even though I really wanted to watch it so thanks for that!

The other suggestions sound pretty good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anime666)
    Anyone have any good anime titles as suggestions? I've been watching a lot of action and romance lately and i've seen most of the mainstream ones...
    hm you could try:
    shakugan no shana (a classic)
    kyoukai no kanata
    Mirai Nikki (one of my favs)

they all contain both romance and action
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anime666)
    I thought Welcome to the NHK was absolutely amazing but I think it's a "love or hate" anime. You might want to give it a go though if you think it looks interesting. I'm watching Shinsekai Yori at the moment which is pretty good despite a slow start.

(Original post by skb95)
    Mirai Nikki (one of my favs)
    Genuinely, why? Mirai Nikki is the only anime I'd say I actually genuinely hated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I thought Welcome to the NHK was absolutely amazing but I think it's a "love or hate" anime. You might want to give it a go though if you think it looks interesting. I'm watching Shinsekai Yori at the moment which is pretty good despite a slow start.

Genuinely, why? Mirai Nikki is the only anime I'd say I actually genuinely hated.
    really! It has a great concept!I love Yuno's character. I genuinely hate Sword Art Online which is obviously a really hyped anime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey101)
    when im browsing for anime, i use this tool.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...a/search/genre

just tick the boxes you want and search...

heres some completely random picks:

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
    code geas
    ano hana
    FLCL
    steins;gate
    now thats something i need to use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    I definitely agree that Yuno is great but that's literally the only good thing I found about that anime. The MC is the most insufferable and irritating character I have ever seen in an anime and it seems like half of the plotline is fabricated to give the animators an excuse to show as much flesh as possible. By the eighth episode, basically every single main female character has been in a sexual assault scene - I counted four of those before I gave up on the series. That's just ridiculous and it adds nothing to the story. Also, there are tons of plot holes and some stuff just doesn't make sense. I mean, that toddler who for some reason is highly trained in the art of chemical warfare - what on earth is that about?

Sword Art Online isn't a particularly sophisticated anime and every single character is incredibly shallow but at least I thought it was slightly fun to watch. Everything in SAO is shallow - including the fan-service, whereas in Mirai Nikki the fan service actually influences the plot which drives me mad. And at least SAO had the decency of waiting until the end of Season 1 to rape the main female character.
    I still think its a nice anime I still hate SAO :') oh well we all have our own opinions

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.