Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been verbally assaulted by a TSR member? watch

ReputationRep:
    During a thread or a private message? How does it affect you if so or can you get over it?

ReputationRep:
    yes

Spoiler:
    Show

I have a whole herd of trolls who in late 2013-4 went 'lol **** off riku pussy ****** go eat some more granola and get whipped by your mama and beta daddy while i **** your ex she loves me cos i actually lift not u cus ur such a whiney **** DYEL ur so beta ur made of oestrogen man up already puss smh inb4 the next Elliot Rodgers' etc. etc. lol. Yes there was even a thread where I was described as 'the next Elliot Rodgers' by said troll, the one time I have seen the website unanimously come to my rescue.

Idk it exacerbated my depression and anxiety issues all I can say is haters gonna hate, only insecure people attack others and use dat were Ignore List amigo

ReputationRep:
    I agree riku

ReputationRep:
    Probably... I have a feeling I was a long time ago. I can't remember exactly what it was over. Wouldn't really say I was "verbally assaulted" though, more just like insulted.

ReputationRep:
    I was called a "snobby ****". Years ago and I really was coming across as such. I was only 18 and it upset me more than I care to admit

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so and I hope I haven't "verbally assaulted" anyone else

ReputationRep:
    yeh the atheists in the religion forum used to gang up on me when i was a newbie

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. As long as you are anonymous their hate can't really touch you.

ReputationRep:
    I have lost count but it's lots and it makes me laugh to think they can offend me. They're the pathetic ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    yeh the atheists in the religion forum used to gang up on me when i was a newbie
    I can understand that, I am quite religious too

ReputationRep:
    Oh got thousands of times. This one guy used to stalk me around the site creating multiple accounts calling me autistic over and over :/ it was bizarre.

Then there was a'll the abuse for being a feminist, then there was the guy that used to call me a Marxist *****...

It's not so bad tbh it's never particularly upset me, it's more annoying

ReputationRep:
    No actually, surprisingly. Tend merely to arouse mild to moderate indignation, albeit fairly frequently :hat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnydespair)
    Don't worry. As long as you are anonymous their hate can't really touch you.
    I dont have much respect for people who post anonymously, I have never made an anonymous comment.

ReputationRep:
    Weirdly never, not once.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I dealt with it by not giving a ****.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    yeah :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I have verbally attacked people here and I am sorry for that :nn:

ReputationRep:
    Don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I remember someone calling me an ape, when I was talking about Savage-Rumbaugh, I pointed out to him that man is a great ape, called him an orangutang and told him to go and invent a nut cracking tool which meant his jaw needn't be so muscular to break the shells and his brain cavity could expand

ReputationRep:
    There was a troll very recently ranting on a thread about how I was a "benefit scrounger defender" or something like that, and included lots of swear words and abuse. I reported him and he got banned (as well as that post deleted, that's why I unfortunately can't remember all the exact words he used).

I think it was on a thread about a UKIP candidate wanting to ban unemployed people from driving.

Aside from that, I don't think I've had any abuse.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.