Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all ,

This might be a bit long but I'd appreciate your responses .

My main question is Do you think theres a correlation between university results/classification and Alevel grades?

I'm on a gap year .I messed up my Alevels and achieved CBB (AS was abbb) .

So I had firmed an institution for a course and missed my offer (AAB).Somebody I know got in (same course) and she achieved A*A*A (AAA at AS) .When I ask her how university is going she always complains about workload ,the timetable ,assignments ,literally everything and how the university pushes you to work really hard .At times she feels like she can't cope because of the pressure .

Recently she was crying about January exams.Saying how difficult they were ,how she genuinely thinks she has failed 2 of them (they sat 3 in total) .She was distraught guys •_o

That got me thinking .If she finds the workload unbearable having achieved the grades she did both at AS & A2 then that means if I was to go there I wouldn't cope with my average grades right? .I came across a post that said something like "if you can't get AAB at alevel then you'll struggle at an R.G uni).

Another thing is the university is very strict with their requirements ,everybody gets the same offer and they rarely take on anybody who has missed their offer .I don't know whether this is because of its competitive nature :/ or the rigorous nature of their course

If I receive an offer I will definitely be firming the same university .

Thanks All opinions welcome !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.