Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just applied to Brunel university for the course "digital design" and I have got back from 3 different university and surprisingly this is the only university that ask for a portfolio. I am currently studying IT and I don't really have a portfolio to show as I am not an art student or have anything that worth showing.

This is what they have said on the UCAS tracker. "In order to reach a final decision on your application, Brunel University London requires you to EITHER attend an admissions test, interview or audition OR submit a portfolio or other piece of work." Please can someone help me with this? Thanks much appreciated. -Brian

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I was recently given an offer for Product Design Engineering at Brunel. When I applied they sent me an email requesting a Six page portfolio AND for me to complete a "design task" for them. I am assuming you would prefer to go with the portfolio option they gave you. I would compile all the best work you have done so far and explain it clearly. Im not an expert on the matter but I would recommend that you keep it Short and of as high a quality as possible. Poor layout doesn't give a good impression for somebody planning to study design.

I currently take the IB diploma so I included a project from last year, a project I did on an internship over the summer and explained what I was currently working on. I am sure digital design will be quite different to my course but just try to show your skills and creativity.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you the reply, I did a few units in graphics, animation etc. In college since my course is not a design course the portfolio would not look that good. We mainly focused on how we make the graphics not how to make them look pretty. I did not expect university would ask for a portfolio since it is a bachelor of science degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (Brian))
    Thanks you the reply, I did a few units in graphics, animation etc. In college since my course is not a design course the portfolio would not look that good. We mainly focused on how we make the graphics not how to make them look pretty. I did not expect university would ask for a portfolio since it is a bachelor of science degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is bachelor of science only because it contains few programming modules, but mainly the course is about design. Did you look at the course content before applying there?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.