Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wondered if any of you had any good revision tips for me. I do AQA Physics A at AS level and needed some tips on how I should revise for it. I've printed out all the past papers for Unit 1 and I've done 25% of them.

What I've realised is that I struggle mainly on chapters 4 and 5, to do with electricity. When receiving some circuit questions, I find it difficult to understand how much voltage, current and resistance is where and it confuses me a lot. The topics I mainly find confusing are thermistors, EMF and potential dividers.

Are there any good ways on understanding electricity fully and how should I be revising for my Physics fully. Would a checklist of each chapter (e.g. 1.1, 1.2) be useful, ticking the stuff as I go along or would the spec be necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I feel your pain where this is concerned. Going to take a long while to get physics unit one properly in my head.

What I've tried doing in order to get my head around what goes on in these questions is to draw a model of how you should solve each different question. No numbers involved, just general formulas etc on how to find everything. When to do a practice question, have this next to you and eventually you should learn how to do each type of question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferret1)
    Don't worry, I feel your pain where this is concerned. Going to take a long while to get physics unit one properly in my head.

What I've tried doing in order to get my head around what goes on in these questions is to draw a model of how you should solve each different question. No numbers involved, just general formulas etc on how to find everything. When to do a practice question, have this next to you and eventually you should learn how to do each type of question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll try using this method with some difficult electrical circuit questions, thanks . There's these pdf documents called Physics Factsheets which I think explain circuit rules better than the book itself.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.