Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Comment please.

ReputationRep:
    changed my life

ReputationRep:
    Sure. What of it?

ReputationRep:
    What impact does this fact have upon your life and psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesManc)
    Well it can make people depressed and have anxiety of some sort.

ReputationRep:
    Speak for yourself, I'm Dorian Gray.

ReputationRep:
    Not much. It's something I can't possibly change, so I don't give it much thought.

I guess you could say - if this is what you're asking - that the fact our time is limited encourages me to live life to the fullest (hence why I'm posting here on TSR)? I also think, though, that people who look too deeply to this tend to develop a rather unhealthy obsession with living a 'full' life - while this is, in itself, not a bad thing, the neurotic fear of failure that comes with it is rather the kicker for me.

ReputationRep:
    Martin Heidegger: 'life is a helta skellta towards death'

ReputationRep:
    The relentless march of time takes no prisoners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Martin Heidegger: 'life is a helta skellta towards death'
    I "studied" Heidegger ha, 'being and time.'

ReputationRep:
    "What is the greatest loss a man can suffer? Time. For he may never get it back."- Henry VIII

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagbrahx69)
    Not much. It's something I can't possibly change, so I don't give it much thought.

I guess you could say - if this is what you're asking - that the fact our time is limited encourages me to live life to the fullest (hence why I'm posting here on TSR)? I also think, though, that people who look too deeply to this tend to develop a rather unhealthy obsession with living a 'full' life - while this is, in itself, not a bad thing, the neurotic fear of failure that comes with it is rather the kicker for me.
    I see what you mean, but I mean is what do you think of the fact that you're always getting closer to death rather than escaping away from it

ReputationRep:
    I tend to obsess over the powers of youth, youth transformation, age regression, weight loss often does it, any sort of 'fat to fit', anything where people get better and become more-so some sort of creation obsession to challenge the death anxiety? Ironically though I generally get **** all done.

ReputationRep:
    I was watching hot tub time machine earlier, so I'm not sure I agree..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We don't know that. Time could be flipping direction 'all the time' and we'd never be able to notice.

ReputationRep:
    Now what?

ReputationRep:
    What bout Benjamin button

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jayden Smith, is that you?

ReputationRep:
    Comment please.
    If this wasn't the case we would never progress(if we just stayed young we would never have ended up doing anything) and do anything as we get older we get wiser,learn more and are able to do more(as kids we weren't able to understand as complicated concepts).The problem is when you get really old and start to deteriorate and possibly lose your mind.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah so what? You're dying from the moment you're born and the only thing certain about is death. The only difference is some people take the fast track.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.