Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've managed to convince my best friend that we need to go on a holiday this year, and it's been put to me to decide where we're going... except I have no idea where to start. We're both 20 (will be 21 by the time we go away) and have decided that it should be a beach holiday but with the option of things to do as well.

We went to Gran Canaria three years ago, which was the perfect mix of lazing around/activities. We also went to Ibiza a couple of years ago so we've got that clubbing holiday out of our system.

So far I've looked at Portugal - possibly staying in Albufeira - and that's about it. We've got about a week which means we would need to stay in Europe - though I'm quite well travelled so I don't really want to go back to somewhere I've already been.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions!?

ReputationRep:
    Schwarzwald:

-the trees
    -the people
    -the mountain paths
    -the bier
    -the cake
    -the architecture
    - the snow
    -schwarzwaldmadel
    -historic towns by Schwarzwaldbahn: Heidelberg, Freiberg, Neustadt, Freudstadt
    -proximity to Swiss border
    -proximity to Stuttgart
    -the air
    -the scenery
    -hearing and practicing the beautiful German language
    -und so weiter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Schwarzwald:

-the trees
    -the people
    -the mountain paths
    -the bier
    -the cake
    -the architecture
    - the snow
    -schwarzwaldmadel
    -historic towns by Schwarzwaldbahn: Heidelberg, Freiberg, Neustadt, Freudstadt
    -proximity to Swiss border
    -proximity to Stuttgart
    -the air
    -the scenery
    -hearing and practicing the beautiful German language
    -und so weiter
    Would almost consider this just because of the word "schwarzwaldmadel" Neither of us can speak a word of German so it's not really possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peedie pixie)
    Would almost consider this just because of the word "schwarzwaldmadel" Neither of us can speak a word of German so it's not really possible
    On the contrary, everyone speaks English there (not least because of the tourism) and it is never to late to learn.
    Schwarzwaldmadel means Black Forest girl (it was a film title). When I go, it's to Hornberg or if you want snow Feldburg would be better as far as I know

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Have you checked about Malta? It's ideal because it is the perfect mix of history, culture, nightlife, beaches and activities.
    English is not a problem since everyone speaks it fluently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skotch93)
    Hi,

Have you checked about Malta? It's ideal because it is the perfect mix of history, culture, nightlife, beaches and activities.
    English is not a problem since everyone speaks it fluently.
    It's been considered, but my parents went there last year and say that it's lovely but probably doesn't suit our needs this time. Choosing a place is hard haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.