Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm mainly asking people who are no longer at school/uni etc. Because I feel like the social life is generally very different at uni. But post uni, when you all have jobs etc, how often would you say you see your good friends on average? By good friends, I mean friends you'd like to keep in touch with for a long time/forever. This could be friends you've met through uni, school or even at work.

I made a really good friend at work about 6 months ago and we no longer work together. We have very different work schedules now, so it's quite difficult to see each other. Yet, I still try and would like to see her at least twice a month. Would you say that's too much? Considering she's not my 'best friend' (yet) or anything - just a very good friend I met at work.

I feel like it's sad especially when you go from seeing someone every day (at work), to then seeing them once every few weeks (if that).

I personally try to see my close friends at least once every 2 weeks... And if I can't see them, at least talk to them through text etc.

With good friends, who aren't as close as my best friends yet, I guess seeing them once a month is enough? I'd like to see the more, but sometimes it's sadly not possible.

Anyway, was just curious to see how often other people see their friends... So would appreciate any responses!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in contact with my best mates through group conversations and we talk every day. I see a few of them who live nearby a few times a month, and we usually all meet up every other month. Seeing as we are all working, have different schedules and live in different parts of the UK it is harder to meet more regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Due to work and life in general after uni i probably only see my friends perhaps one or twice a month unless theres a occasion like a birthday and im free. We just accept that our schedules are all different ( i work weekends) so to make up for it we plan week long holidays together, it gives us something to look forward to and keep in contact.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My partner is my best friend and he was before we started going out and since we live together, we pretty much hang out 24/7. Besides from him, I talk to my other close friends every day but rarely see them. Mainly due to either of us are skint, they have work or uni, they have their own relationship or we are just busy. The last time I hung out with some friends was probably over a year ago when we all went for a night out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm mainly asking people who are no longer at school/uni etc. Because I feel like the social life is generally very different at uni. But post uni, when you all have jobs etc, how often would you say you see your good friends on average? By good friends, I mean friends you'd like to keep in touch with for a long time/forever. This could be friends you've met through uni, school or even at work.

I made a really good friend at work about 6 months ago and we no longer work together. We have very different work schedules now, so it's quite difficult to see each other. Yet, I still try and would like to see her at least twice a month. Would you say that's too much? Considering she's not my 'best friend' (yet) or anything - just a very good friend I met at work.

I feel like it's sad especially when you go from seeing someone every day (at work), to then seeing them once every few weeks (if that).

I personally try to see my close friends at least once every 2 weeks... And if I can't see them, at least talk to them through text etc.

With good friends, who aren't as close as my best friends yet, I guess seeing them once a month is enough? I'd like to see the more, but sometimes it's sadly not possible.

Anyway, was just curious to see how often other people see their friends... So would appreciate any responses!
    Most nights. Probably 4-5 nights a week?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.