Turn on thread page Beta

How are you supposed to let things go? watch

ReputationRep:
    They say you should let go of the past and forgive people if they do things wrong because it makes you bitter and disrupts your life. But some things are
    Unforgivable and I don't understand how people can forgive them eg I think her name was Katie piper? That model who had acid thrown in her face. How can you forgive anyone for that ? It baffles me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly letting things go makes it easier to move on to do bigger and better things, and not let it hold you back in a wormhole of despair.

Katie Piper is a bit of an extreme example, but I agree, doesn't seem like something anybody can easily forgive. She can still try and move on though, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Even in the case of Katie Piper, though she may never forget, if she cannot live another day in her life without anger and hatred in her heart then she is the only one who loses. Ultimately events and people only have as much power over you as you give them. This is not something that you feel in the heat of the moment, but in weeks, months, maybe years to come if the event was scarring enough, this too will pass.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.